Thursday, October 15, 2009

Octobey

Happy Thursday! Right now it's warm outside, which is strange. But all day it was almost hot, which is strange. Yesterday it rained, and the day before. Everyone's status updates on Facebook made it sound like the world was raining.

Today was the seventh day in a row that I worked, and tomorrow will be the eighth. Then, wonderfully, I have three days off, which I will spend hanging out in A/P-town because I can. Got a fatty paycheck so I can afford the gas.

Funny story about fatty paycheck. I like to walk to the bank because it's close and it's a nice exercise. It's nice to go on Sunday because then you can walk through the parking lot and not get hit by cars. Only when I got there, the ATM was down. "Go to the other one," my mom says. "But that one's only for cars," I says. "Just stand behind the cars," she says.

So I wait for the cars to stop going to the drive-by ATM. Except they don't. Just when one's about to leave, one pulls up. Finally I watch a guy park and I wait for him to see the ATM's down and go drive through the other one. Except he goes and walks around to the one I'm waiting for. So now I'm waiting for another pedestrian at the drive-by ATM. Then he leaves AND

that ATM's not accepting deposits. :<

So I walked home.

The end.

Today is my sister's Thursday Blackjack Birthday! Happy Thursday Birthday! I would have called, but I was sleeping and also I can't find my phone. I hope you opened your box already!

And yesterday was my tiniest niece's birthday, she's six. I'll also give you a call when I find my phone!

I'm wondering what it would be like to transition this blog into a one-topic blog. Since it's strictly once a week, it tends to cover a wide range of things that may or may not be interesting to anyone who isn't me thirty years from now. The blogs I read, they have a topic that they are about, and each post tends to stick to one particular related to that. So maybe I'll try some posts that are about something specific and see how that looks. I've done it before, of course, when I have something to say.

I could try having something to say every week. Hm.

My foodie tip of the week is to add 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon to your rice crispie treats. It makes them the best ricey crispoes in the world.

Okay, I'm going to go look for my phone. Wish me luck.

-Steph

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Windows 7 Thursday! -K