Thursday, March 24, 2011

Panda, go Panda

Happy Thursday! What have you been up to this week? Got any rain like we did?

Took some rain walks today which were very nice. Feels like Christmas. Went to Fresh & Easy for supplies, and after dinner my mom and I walked to Starbucks. Got to wear my hat all day.

So tomorrow is my last day of my six weeks as house chef. Thanks to me, I lost three pounds! I'm sorta burned out on coming back from work at 10:30 and http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifhaving to make lunches for the next day, but I'm also wondering what I'm going to do with all my free time next week.

Minecraft?

Carolyn came over the other day and we attempted panda bread. Historically, I am a yeast-killer, but I tried real hard this time to be gentle. It might have worked, but there were a lot of other wild cards, like the original recipe (though translated from Japanese) being in metric measurements. And also we left the dough unsupervised to go to the post office, and later left it to proof in a coldish place.

There's also that we only got as far as the eyes and forgot to layer the ears in. Oh well. Oh. And how I was trying to bake them (we each made a loaf) at 200 degrees F, instead of 200 degrees C.

Tasted mostly like bread! Any future attempts will most certainly go more smoothly.

I watched three Pokemon movies this week, and one of them I liked quite a bit. I also loved this Pikachu moment where he impersonates Team Rocket's Pokemon. Ahaha. I watched that a million times.

Wrote a song about trains. Played some Borderlands. Played some guitar. Went to work. So exciting round these parts.

-Steph

No comments: