Thursday, February 02, 2012

Rocky

Happy Thursday! First off, I'd like to say the weather's holding at a nice springtime temperature. I don't know what's going to happen when spring actually gets here, but I'm guessing we're getting a snowy summer.

Kind of a rough week, all round. I got sick/allergy invasion because of the rain? because of the wind? because of the heat wave? that all happened over the course of two days. So my brain's been rattling around and every day I think the next day I'll be better but I'm not yet.

Had some pretty shoddy sleep the last couple of days, too. And I keep waking up all beat up from like, sleeping wrong. I don't know what I'm doing but whatever it is it isn't right.

Work is like, the dumbest waste of time, but if I'm there I can't go out and look for other things. Or if I'm not there, I'm crazy sick every day this last week. Or it's Sunday. On the other hand, my W-2s finally all arrived, and I think I'm technically in the next tax bracket up from last year, but I still should be getting some $$$ back once I go through it properly.

My birthday is next month, and I want to do something incredibly geeky. But I don't know what? For my 18th I went to a sci-fi convention in Pasadena, but there isn't one this year. There is WonderCon, but I don't know anything about that other than that I have some friends who are exhibitors at it. Just something having to do with sci-fi or even the larger geek world, comics or whatever. I want to identify more with that side.

We just watched Fright Night. "Watched" is a loose term. The fast forward was heavily employed. The best part was the introduction of David Tennant as what I like to call Pirate Jesus. It was pretty terrible.

Speaking of Doctor Who, did you see the cookies we made? Carolyn got some Portal cookie cutters, so you can make portal and portal guy and companion cube and turret cookies, so we did. But we had a bunch of extra cookie dough so she was all "you should make the Tardis" so I tried. And I tried to make a Dalek, too. And we iced them by hand which was both fun and hilarious.

And then I built some dinosaurs in Minecraft. That's all.

-Steph

No comments: