Thursday, June 08, 2006

Star Trek: Beyond What's Left Behind

Any Trek fans? Among those, any DS9 fans?

I am! And I have a new "job" of sorts that fits me good.

There's a whole net society interested in "virtual series," fan-made continuations/reduxes of cult hits. There's a decent number for Trek alone, that I know of. TrekOnline.org sponsers a few; a continuation of Enterprise, a redo of Enterprise, and a continuation of Deep Space Nine, among others.

Star Trek: Beyond What's Left Behind is a look at what happens to those left on DS9 after the series ended. They have a whole season written (for the most part), and for the season finale and season two, I'm on the staff. That is, I'll be writing episodes for them in the near future. 've already pitched one.

Not to be filmed and actually seen on the tv; there's no one to do that. It's just like a big, involved fanfic exept in script form, not prose.

All in all, I'm excited, 'cause it'll teach me at least something about the whole thing that is tv writing. Even if it is just some amateurs not getting paid for it. I'm seeing it as an internship--it's exactly what I want to do for a living, just for fun.

Another fun thing that sorta got run off the road by this Star Trek thing, is my little online game. One of those "you're in a dungeon. What do you do?" things. If you're bored: http://www.geocities.com/hideousdoom/ . When you get to a graveyard link, go ahead and click it, 'cause it'll go to the guestbook.

Oh, yeah, the main site for BWLB is here: http://trekonline.org/bwlb/ .

Oh, and I got hired by Vons, still waiting for the drug test to come back so I can come to work.

Other than that, I gotta eat.

No comments: