Thursday, August 05, 2010

Bounty at the Fair

Happy Thursday! You know how much I love the fair? So much. It's like the AX/Brigadoon in that it's the same year after year and it's like it must always be there, somewhere, waiting. In your heart, perhaps.

I entered 12 things into the fair this year, and placed first with two, second with one. The rest got honorable mention or nothing. :< One got a special award for being such a sad poem. I didn't write it to be sad, but now I know.

My sister is here for a bit, and we went on dollar opening day. But she's sick, so we didn't stay too long. Overpriced slushies and I got a hotdog wrapped in a potato.

I'm writing this on her insanely small laptop, small as in, even I dwarf it. Insanely small, like I said.

A topic I've been wanting to tell you about is how my music/visual media curve works, but I'm so tired it will have to wait another week. It's how most of my musical influences (and also some non-musical) usually--or, generally, come from some sort of exposure to a visual media. Like how I got into the Beatles through Rock Band and A Hard Day's Night, and Queen from Shaun of the Dead.

Non musical include: I drink cocoa with mint from a Star Wars Book (which came from the movies itself), and ...there was something else, I forget now. I first ate curry rice because of an episode of Naruto where it was featured. Etc.

I'm sleepy because last night was inventory, 10 pm to 3. Yay. But hey, no customers, so great.

Been drumming all week on Lego Rock Band. It's such an active activity. AND I did The Final Countdown on Expert bass just earlier today, and it just about killed me. But I saved the aliens who signed Freddie Mercury, so it was epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt_zum97kjE This is a video I like. 1964 Rolling Stones covering Buddy Holly's Not Fade Away. Also so epic. Also so much more rocky than Buddy's. It makes me smile.

Okay, good night.

-Steph

No comments: