Thursday, October 21, 2010

More little pies

Happy Thursday! Super rainy week! Thunder rattlin' windows and lightning everywhere. It's exciting.

This week I did a lot of odd projects. I sorted a big pile of coins (literally a pile) and tucked some away into my coin collecting books. YEAH I COLLECT COINS. Found some pennies in there from 1959 and a bunch from the 60s and I collect everything from the 60s.

Went online and found a recipe for copper cleaner, lol. Powder detergent, vinegar, lemon, flour, salt, water. The vinegar and detergent did the whole science fair volcano explosion, it was epic. And then I scrubbed pennies all afternoon. With a travel toothbrush. Hang out with me, dude, I'm loads of fun.

But now I got $8.50 of pure pennies to take straight to the bank. The $54 of silver I gave to my mom for cash monies. AND I still have another Kleenex box full of change. Yes. Another. I don't know why I chose that method of storage.

The next day I put together a fingerprint dusting kit, which was mostly just smashing up a bunch of mechanical pencil leads. It worked okay, but the dust could have been finer. Or my fingerprints more greasy.

One of those days I made some candles out of other candles?

Yeah that was the day I wandered around downtown and passed the same hippie twice, and it was raining and then it got hot, and then it rained again. And later it hailed? It was a strange day.

One day I baked some apples. I guess that was yesterday. Today I baked some little apple pies. Crans and apples, and walnuts and pecans on top. Probably coulda used less than 400 degrees, they came out kinda dry. They taste good but not amazing. I'll work on it.

Steamed my pumpkins and froze the gloop. Four cups for pies and cookies. But I'll probably go get another or two before the pumpkin season is over, freeze some more for the rest of the holidays. And beyond.

Today at guitar class I practiced and learned the last of his curriculum. 9-Year-Old wasn't there so I had free reign to strum and strum. Today it was just me, Quiet Girl, her sister, Confused Dad, Overzealous Mom, Thinks She Can Play, Chatty Uncle, Youth Group Guy, Blind Girl, College Guitar and Dad. It still took an hour for him to go around and listen to everybody.

Then we learned a new song, which was actually a bass part, so I was all dootdoodoo perfect, I got this. And then I played my bass songs until it was time to go.

Two more classes in the next month, and he's got nothing left to teach me. At this point I'd say I'm conditioned to learn how to play the guitar. From here on, I can basically teach myself, or have Beth show me. But now I have the callouses and the coordination to move around the guitar, and I've seen just what forty minutes of repetition can do, I just gotta keep it up. Cool. I'm comin' for you, Eric Clapton.

Speaking of. The note he bends at 6:26 just makes my heart stop. Augh. Genius.

Other than all that, this week was mostly work and trying to beat Borderlands again. We're so close.

Oh me and Carolyn and Jacqi also hung out at the mall (?!) where I bought this cute AWESOME cat astronaut shirt. A cat face in an astronaut helmet. I love it. I'm wearing it right now. It's brown. It's perfect.

I also have a catfish in my tank that I'm raising for Carolyn. It'll hopefully get up to 6 inches, so it'll be less of a target for her turtles and then can nom on all the stuff on the bottom that no one else nommed. Hooray fish.

Yep that's about it. Imma go play video games. Peace.

-Steph

No comments: