Thursday, October 27, 2011

Kicking Down Shelves

Happy Thursday! It's like, really super cold, hold on let me close a window.

Okay that'll be better. It was FREEZING in my house this morning, and then I open the door and it's absolutely 75 degrees outside. Pretty wonky. And as soon as the sun goes down, it's back to freezing. Booooo winter.

Been showing Beth around town. This morning we walked to K.D Donuts which is the best donut shop in town. Right on Telegraph near the YMCA. I haven't been there in forever. I always get a chocolate cake donut with chocolate frosting and chocolate jimmies because nowhere else makes 'em as good. I made Beth get a maple bar because I guess they don't have them on the East coast? And when she was there she couldn't find any, so she had to try ours.

Yesterday we went to the Maharaja, for the buffet. That place is so awkward, but the korma is sooo good it's totes worth it. And the buffet is only $7.95!!! Ugh you guys we have to go there all the time.

Um we window shopped downtown and went thrifting and had lunch at the Nature's Grill which is a cute little organic/vegetarian type place. I had a falafel pita which was actually in a pita pocket and had like three scoops of sprouts in it. Actually it was pretty good. I gotta try more of those downtown eateries.

Let's see, last...weekend I guess, we watched the first Star War with Carolyn because she's never seen the originals. Ugh, what, I know. And they're all out on Blu-Ray now, so now's as good a time as any. Before they come out in 3-D, right? lol. Gotta find time for the other two.

Still pretty busy at work, but that's good I guess. So I can afford things like a new fluorescent light hood for my fish tank. IT'S SO BRIGHT IN THERE NOW.

Um, Halloween is Monday, but what worries me is that November is Tuesday. I don't think I can muster up a novella this year for NaNoWriMo, guys. I'm just not prepared and I won't have half the free time that I did in years previous. I might give it a shot, or at least look back and do some editing, but there's no way I'm pulling out a whole 50k words this time around. I might just try to get some work done on finishing what I've started, though, how's that sound?

Well, best of luck all around~

-Steph

ps
oh yeah at work today I kicked down some shelves. Because it's time to get new shelves.

No comments: