Thursday, May 04, 2006

It's Summer, Man!!!

Happy End Of School Thursday! I definitely am wearing my snazzy tie today! Because I finished my last final at 2:15 yesterday!! *dances*

Ok, but you know what was NOT cool? Tuesday night. For some reason I was already up late, just going to bed at around 1. But it takes me a long time to fall asleep, and what didn't help was somebody drumming nearby. Like, on drums. Brianna supposed it was a "silent drum kit" that they didn't realize was anything but silent. And when she got our RA to go down there at 2 in the morning, we found out that she was right. "It's for our final today" they said. Yeah, well, practice your drumming before the morning you need it, ok?

So, I haven't been asleep for even an hour, when at 3 am somebody pulls the fire alarm.

Yes. The fire alarm.

Because that's the cool thing to do at 3 in the morning in Trinity on finals week.

So we all tramp out of the building into rain-like fog, and stand around for twenty minutes while they make sure there isn't anybody trapped in the fire. ><

Because there is no fire, just somebody who needs to be killed by a ninja very soon.

I wouldn't have minded so much if it had been like last night or this night, when I don't have finals. But I actually needed to sleep that day because I had two, with the first one starting at 9:15.

And then all today people have been driving through the alley behind my room with REALLY loud music blaring from their trucks and such. Gosh, college students. So full of themselves.

I've sorta started packing, but I seem to have more stuff than I thought I did. All my clean clothes from the closet fill up the big suitcase that I have here, and that's not counting anything from the drawers. And some people have already packed up and moved out. It's pretty weird, that we're like all sophomores now. Except Brianna, she's in her last final now. But I think she's leaving tomorrow.

Tonight we're (a lot of us) going to Aubrey's sister's school play. They're doing Beauty and the Beast, and I've got to drop by the caf before we go, so I don't have to try to cram my last two meals in tomorrow. 'Cause I don't want to have to wake up for lunch.

Yeah, summer's sounding very good.

So Happy Thursday, and I hope your Cinco de Mayo and the last month or so of your schooling goes shimmeringly!
-Steph

No comments: