Thursday, March 08, 2007

Teenagedom, you will be missed

Happy Thursday, all! Today is the 8th, and this is officially my last Thursday as a teen. Oh, where does the time go? I remember back when I was figuring out how old I would be in 2000, and was "wow! 13 is really old!"

I didn't ask for Spring for my birthday, and it's actually a good thing, 'cause I got Summer instead~ I'm good for a double summer. It was funny because in the mornings there were clouds, so the house was full of gray, so when you opened the door, the 75 degrees caught you unawares. One of these days, Tuesday it must have been, I wandered to the front door and enjoyed standing on the porch so much that I ended up strolling around the mods area. It was neat because I wasn't wearing shoes, and even though it was like 8:30, the cement wasn't cold at all.

Today was a little colder, but internet says Saturday in Anaheim will be partly cloudy with a high of 82. What am I doing in Anaheim, you may ask? Surely the AX hasn't come around again ALREADY, you may be wondering. Oh-hoh, no! I'm going to Disneyland! I'm taking my mom and my dad and my best friend Carolyn! *waves* I haven't been there since that last band trip I went on. So I'm looking forward to that.

Got two presents in the mail today! That's a once-in-a-lifetime event, getting TWO package slips in your box in a single day. Happy Thursday Packages! From my brother (Firefly soundtrack--very fun, thanks!) and I think Jennifer (cute manga- yay!!).

Another fun but unrelated news is that today the people from the West Wind magazine, APU's literary thing (think Pawprint) emailed me and said they all loved Ballad of an Emancipated Bagger, but that it was a little long. So I did a quick cut and sent it back to them, and I hope that works out.

Ummm, the rest of the week? It was slow and lazy. And warm. No school yesterday due to Common Day of Learning, and sleeping in since chapel was later. Phil Vischer, creator of Veggie Tales, was the speaker, and he was really neat. I'd link you up with the video, but it's not online yet. Also yesterday, I started my 10 page paper on The Office, since five pages were due sometime that day. And you know what! I wrote five pages! And didn't feel like dying afterward! Hooray for my major! I even had time left in the day to watch Lost freely, and read for other classes (including Through the Looking Glass, man my life is hard).

Oh, and the high point from the weekend was that I made curry for the first time, and it was really good. Finally finished it off today. I'll make it for you sometime, it was fun. Still today I'm going to make cupcakes from the cakemix I brought back from home. Hooray for birthdays.

There's a nasty monster cricket who keeps approaching me. I dislike him. There's also a small cricket exploring the kitchen. The crickets are bad because they blend into the carpet. -_-

I'll catch you on the other side!

-Steph

No comments: