Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm really bad at coming up with titles

Happy Thursday! I'm super surprised how fast it came around. It's probably because I had three days of school this week. Which was very nice. And I even got out of a few classes early. Yaaaaaay.

What do I talk about today?

I'm going to write you a story.

Once upon a time, I went to the caf for dinner. I didn't know what was going to be there, but I was going to hope for the best. Outside of the caf, I met a guy named Eric Bridges. He was deciding whether he should go to the caf or to the den (because the choices at the den were never as nebulous).

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm going....to eat...hopefully," I vaugely responded.

"What are you going to do...instead of eating?" he asked.

That might not have been exactly what he said, but what he meant was: "Why don't you sound so sure about eating?"

So I thought about it. "A flood could come in, and wash everything away. And then nothing would be left. Except for ......... a skating rink." Ah-- "Without a snack bar," I finished.

"Yeah, I was about to call you on that," he said.

"Yeah, I'm glad I caught it."

And then, the flood came and we found ourselves on top of the skating rink. We climbed down and found it to be full of 80s music and disco lights. Megan Hoffmann was there, having class (because this was the only building left, of course).

Unfortunately, the snackbar was cemented over, and Eric had no food in his backpack. Coincidentally, none of the students had anyfood in their backpacks, either. We didn't want to ask the skaters, but they seemed to be enjoying the music, so we were slightly frightened of them.

"I'm going out," I bravely declared, "and I will see if there is any food to be found out there."

Everyone wished me luck, and I ventured out. I was somewhat surprised to find that we were now in the mountains, and that it was raining. All that remained of the flood was a pond out back. A shady looking man stepped out from behind a tree and approached.

"My name is Rodolpho, and I train a league of circus skull monkeys. Care to donate?"

I saw my chance. "Only if you have any food on you." I drove a hard bargain, I did.

He thought about it. "Yeah, I think I have a box of oranges hanging around somewhere."

"That'll work," I said.

And that's the story about how I aquired a box of oranges, which still exists to this very day.

The man's name was Johnny Carson, by the way.

-Steph

No comments: