Thursday, April 26, 2007

Classes are Over

Happy Thursday at last!

Thursday really is the day when I can stop for the afternoon and not worry about anything. And then I get to watch amazing television.

Tuesday after class, I started re-writing my 10 page paper on The Office for media class. Well, more like reading scholarly sources for it (including an article on X-Files fans--I love my major). I did this until I went to bed at one. I woke up early at 7:30, wrote for an hour and then went to chapel. Then I came back and wrote until one, where I turned it in (through the internet) and went to clay class. We just cleaned things there, so we got out early and now it's technically over. Then I napped in the grass and then in my room, and then I went to media class, where everyone talked about their papers. I went last, but it was alright because I just got to ramble about The Office and quote fans from Facebook. We got out just early enough for me to swing by the caf, and while I was in there, I saw Aubrey and Leandra and their buddy, so I ate with them. And then they gave me a ride over to Bowles 'cause that's where they live, and I was going to go there later to watch Lost at Megan's. And also I was supposed to be starting another paper due this morning for Jesus class we were both in.

But I didn't. So I went straight home after Lost and went to sleep. Got up an hour early at 7, managed to write something like what was assigned for that class and print it out and go to it. There wasn't a lecture, just weird videos made by a former student, and we got out early and now that's over. So straight from there I came back and formed my Japanese presentation for later that day (and it's in the form of the set on Flickr called "Watashi no Kazoku"). Finished just in time to go to film/lit at one.....that was an alrightish class and now it's over. Went straight to Japanese (as always) and threw my hand in the air to go first since I was really sick worrying about getting it over with. But it wasn't that bad, and she'd brought Japanese snacks. Two were excellent (totemo umai yo) and one was bizarre. And unfortunately now my formal Japanese education is over.

I still have to write papers/essays/movies, though. Jesus class and Japanese are just test-finals, and I'm not worried about those at all.

Clay class, I have to write another paper (what is up with that??) on three of my pieces (which are all done....but I never got around to making a lidded container....chansey....). Media class, part one of the final is three 3-4 page essays; part two is a trivial fact multiple choice test. Film and lit, I have to finish my weird movie project thing, and then there's a T/F/multiple choice/short answer/group presentation final.

Gah. It can't be over soon enough. But I guess it won't be, so I don't have much to worry about. I mean. It will be over soon. This is what I mean. A weekend, and a week, and that's it, and I'm back in town working somewhere and watching anime and finishing FFXII. And cooking! I want to cook. And bake. (and sew) And write!! I have a lot of ideas tumbling around because I don't want to be working on all this school work. You know how it is?

This year and this semester went by crazy fast. Although last semester seems so long ago. Like, I actually forget what classes I had last semester, and what people I met only last semester. It's like I've known everyone forever. Sigh, college. It's where all the cool kids be at.

One more chapel. One more meal. 13 more dining dollars. One more class meeting each. Packing up again. Moving home again. Saying good bye again.

Yesterday, amid the hecticness of shuffling myself back and forth, I passed an interesting sight: A take-out box from the caf, sitting on the ground. At its side, one of those cookies you can get at the Den. Facing both of these--a spray bottle of no drip Windex. I wrote a haiku:

Abduction
The aliens thought
it would be polite to leave
something in return

-Steph

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Did we really nap that much last year? And I can't believe that you had your dining dollars and everything measured up to the last minute. Very impressive.

Stephanie Anderson said...

Yes. We ALL napped, all the time.

Thaaaat's me. All responsible with money and whatnot.