Thursday, July 12, 2007

Helloooooo

Happy Thursday! I feel like there was some sort of silly Thursday that was coined today, but I definitely forget it by now.

"Definitely" was one of those words that I could never remember how to spell. But I looked at it one day and figured it out. It's the word "finite." With a de- and a -ly. And that's all there is to it.

Here's a similar story. In sixth grade, our language arts and reading teacher, Mr. Dilbeck, gave a simple way to remember how to write there, their, and they're. See, they all start with the-, which is important. And...well, I guess I don't remember how else he specifically "taught" it, but since then I remembered what the differences are. Like "they're" is a contraction of They Are, so clearly it's the one with the apostrophe. And "their" is just weird, with that "i", but since they all start with the-, it must be after the e.... just stuff like that, I remember.

The next ones I'm going to sit down and learn how to spell are the believes, conceived, nieces, etc. those, I just have to let my fingers do it and see if it looks right. I know there's that I Before E crud, but that's just never been useful to me. Especially since there's all those exceptions no one ever tells you about.

Speaking of, I learned "special" because for some reason one day I decided that the "c" was giving the "i to the "a" as a present, and that's why they go in that order.

A special present.

Last weekend was the Visalia trip. I had to wear one of those...I think they call them "dresses" to the funeral. That was not very fun. Not that it should have been, but. It was nice seeing the aunts/uncles/cousins/cousins' kids, though. And the weather was real nice, 107. I miss it.

Today I just hung out with Carolyn (and Steven), as well as Monday and Tomorrow because she had a birthday and now she's an old man. And that's why this is so late 'cause I was over there and we were watching the best shows NBC has to offer until real late and now I'm out of time and it's stressing me out, although I'm really excited for NBCs fall lineup.

Stay classy, San Diego

-Steph

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that line, its from Anchorman.

Stephanie Anderson said...

Yes, yes it is.