Thursday, February 07, 2008

Too Many Words

Happy Thursday! Today was sunny and great, and I actually wandered around without my sweatshirt! I'd say that's a wonderful sign for a Thursday. I declare it the First Day of Spring Thursday.

Busy week! Friday me and Brianna and Jenn saw 27 Dresses. I give it a solid C largely based on its writing, which was uninspired and downright plagiarized at times. The acting was lackluster and stilted; and coming from otherwise bright performers, I say the script was at fault. Overall cute, but entirely forgettable. Poor even by chick flick standards.

Saturday was really weird. Me and Kelly had to do the last of our shooting, but Campus Safety is dumb. Woke up before seven to truck out to Heritage to shoot in the kitchen there, right? But no one's there and everything is locked and Campus Safety (I named him Leo after a certain Veronica Mars deputy) was too busy to call it in. But over all it didn't work, and we ended up going and basically hanging out in Stater Bros and then Big Lots, where we bought some cereal and some poster board and a marker to make a sign (sign didn't include cereal). Which we subsequently taped up in an alley across the street and filmed really fast before the motorcycle drug dealer came.

And we did this early in the morning because Kelly was going to be busy the rest of the day, and I was going to help out on the last day of the Reclamation shoot, which I was way excited about. Buuuuut most people with cars were inexplicably out of town for the day, and Brianna was going to take me but then she got deathly ill. So instead, I had a four hour nap in my beanbag chair. And then in the evening me and Beth and her friend Christy went to Hurry Curry but it tasted different and was weird. So it was a very very very very weird day.

Sunday was almost worse, but we gave Campus Safety the slip and got into Heritage and shot some very good footage and everyone in there was very nice. This was like, from 11:30 to say 12? I don't know, right in the middle of the day. And as I'm walking back across my court, I got to chat with some of the guys from Reclamation, so that kinda made up for not being able to go the day before. They're very nice. And then sometime between that and the Super Bowl, I spontaneously got sick. I was very cold but it was super hot what with the heater and the sweatshirts and the poncho. Unpleasant. But then later Beth came over and then Kelly came over and started a game of Kingdom Hearts. I forgot how silly the graphics/camera movement were. XD

Gosh, Monday. Editor's cut of our film due first thing Tues, so I spent all day Monday in the ER. Which does not stand for Emergency Room (I mean, not in this case). I always thought it was for Editing Room, but it could very feasibly also represent Equipment Room. But the imacs don't recognize my drive, does anyone have a drive I could borrow? Tiny fiasco in procuring one, but soon enough I'm on my way, and the paperwork he had us do really really came in handy. The bluescreen also works fantastically (I mean, when you consider I don't really know what I'm doing), with the exception of a ginormous shelf in the foreground--we'll have to reshoot this weekend, but asides from that the movie's basically done. I'd say it looks pretty good--okay, really. The titles need polishing, and I could shave it down time-wise, and Jeremy has some neat effects to make it more old-timey. Needs music. But I was in that room for 12 hours. It was fun. Jeremy's from this same class, and he and his group were in there editing right at the end, so I got to see a master at work.

Well that was a giant paragraph.

Tuesday we watched the rough edits. Pretty good work, across the board. Two thriller/chases and two comedies. If you guys are free ...April 24th I think it is, that's the screening of all the movies our class will have made this semester. You should really come and check them out.

Wednesday was yesterday, and basically I didn't come home after class--I got stolen away by my roommates and Beth and taken to this cafe/restaurant Panera, and then Pasadena. Nikki had wanted to go to "21 places today!!" meaning 21 Choices, the frozen yogurt place, so I said "we can go to school and the bank and the gas station and the store...." And I did keep track, and sadly we only made it to 14 places. Oddly enough, in Urban Outfitters, we found Shelby and Torie and Jess. It was also cold there and I was really really tired and I still am.

But today it was warm and something worth my ultimate while happened this morning but I don't remember what. It was on Kelly's computer. We also went to lunch at Arigatou. You can speculate as you wish about the type of establishment it was.

We watched An American In Paris today, and I was unimpressed. Loved Gene Kelly though. I'd watch anything he was in, even if it was pretty awful like this was. Then Brianna picked me up and we watched LOST, which was also weird. Somewhat disappointing. Don't really like these new people. Nothing I really wanted to know about was discussed. Although me and Brianna thought out some of our questions, and I don't think their true answers will be very surprising. They don't really know what they're doing anymore.

Now it's time for homework and then sleep and then Carolyn's coming to visit for the weekend!!

-Steph

No comments: