Thursday, March 27, 2008

Crunch

Happy Thursday. I'd put the iconic exclamation mark at the end of that, but frankly, I don't feel like I have the time. I rarely experience non-stop responsibility management, but I'm feeling it right now.

The Ink-Man begins production this weekend. Day after tomorrow. So today was spent discussing and ironing and scrabbling for last-minute details and paperwork. Between classes, that is. During class I was slamming out the outline for The Ink-Man 2: The Sequel. Treatment due at the end of the month. Gotta finish the paperwork to have this class count for the other one, and then got to turn in the paperwork to actually register for it.

Gotta get the location release for the on-campus areas we're shooting at. Only just now had the chance to send those out. Been feverishly writing emails to people about schedules and plans, about this weekend and next semester. Everything is coming down this weekend, not only on the shoot but for classes and graduating and housing and all that stuff. I feel like I need a soggy cigarette to chew on and some rum to slug into my hot cocoa.

Still need to do some AV editing tomorrow, which won't take long but is stressful because tomorrow is the last possible day I have to do it. Need to edit together a fake surveillance camera feed, the countdown for Whyte-Out's lair, and photoshop some sort of pens-in-the-wild picture for the Ink-Man's calendar. But I have time tomorrow after field trip class and Japanese kids. And after that, I need to go back over there and get some ministry credits signed off.

Sometime next week, then, I'll be turning in the general petition re: TFT 462/499, and the add form for 499. Also running around crazy getting my Intent to Graduate stuff signed. Also writing a 7 page paper on High School Musical. It's one of my four giant term papers I happen to have this semester, which I don't have time for due to Ink-Man. 'Cause I'm going to be working on that straight up till the day it's due, and as far as I believe, the grand screenings for all the movies is that day or the next.

I also need to do my homework for tomorrow.

On an equally stressful note, new roommate is going to take a little getting used to, if she ever comes back from somewhere mysterious. Don't want to say too much, but I really don't know too much, either. But honestly I'm not going to be in the apartment for the rest of the semester, so it's not too bad.

In less stressful news, Beth started Veronica Mars and was pleasantly surprised. Jenn needs to catch up on the first disc, but she was busy finishing Lost. Which I didn't have time for today because of typing things to people. (I decided I really really like Ben. Like, second-favorite status, here) Also hung out with Brianna the other day, and somehow it ended up that she'd portray Whyte-Out in my upcoming motion picture. And it's funny, 'cause she totally knows Sam (Ink-Man himself) from, like, racquetball or whatever. It's going to be cute. Hung out with Sam himself yesterday, explored the Stater Bros. and had a briefly traumatic episode outside Radio Shack involving a Twilight Zone-esque disappearance of a personal item. (we found it, though) And whilst waiting for Kelly to show up to our Ink-Man meeting this morning, I ran into Jonathan and had quite a pleasant chat about all sorts of stuff.

Don't let me forget last Saturday, either, which was the day that Jacqi's and ours breaks overlapped. So me and her and Carolyn hung out and stuff. Anime nerditry. Korean BBQ. S'good.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't feel bad if you find my stress not-too-overwhelming. I'm doing just fine in the relaxing side of life, somehow. XD

-Stephanie

No comments: