Thursday, March 20, 2008

Springtime Yeah!

Happy Thursday! My internet is really sketchy here (what! worse than at school?! gasp!!) so I think I'll make this brief while I feel confident in my connection.

Thursday night/Friday morning we got a new roommate. Christine? RD brought her over and basically we had no choice. W00t for living off campus (BETH) next year! RD had to kick himself out, because it was past curfew, too. Haha, oh, APU.

Saturday my pops picked me up, and we toured the greater Los Angeles area. Well. We went to Pasadena, found the Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, and then took surface streets to downtown LA, and eventually Santa Monica/Malibu. I abused the long exposure setting on my camera and took many a picture of the swirly lights.

Sunday was church and some sort of eating. Japanese. At Sumo. Don't remember the rest. Maybe some Veronica Mars? That's been the rest of my week, and it's echoed Christmas Break in that way -- wake up, go to Carolyn's, come back watch VM with Mom, sleep. Except I've been driving. Ehhhhhh. I'm really not so great at that.

We've been downtown everyday, thrifting. Hitting up all the shops for the same items day after day. XD Purses! Little roundish purses to paint to look like ninja pouches. We bought all the purses. Also bought a handsome black-and-neon-green turtleneck. Cut the green off. Bought tiny baby rainboots to practice cutting up to look like ninja boots. Probably will work. Need to find real ones. Need to buy netting for the eyes of our ninja masks. Need to finish making ninja masks. Need to find someone what sells solid gray fabric to make ninja vests. But will all the purses we've painted, it really feels like we've got some progress done. XD It'll look good, our ninja army.

Oh, this is all for the AX.

Did thrift a bit for Ink-Man, got a beautiful string of plastic pearls and a kitchy belt for Whyte-Out. Still need to finish up getting that ready, though.

The one thing I've learned from Veronica Mars is that I'm not meant to write mysteries. I do love following their twists and turns, but I'm definitely built for the spectation of the event and not the creation of. Way too much thinking-ahead for my capabilities. The way I see it -- if it's a twist I can see through and figure out before they tell me, then it's not a very good twist. Ergo, if it's a twist I can think up, it's not very good. So. But I love love love that show. AND SO DOES MOM AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Gonna watch Colbert soon. I missed that kid. So wacky.

I also made dinner tonight, which was fun. And we actually paused our VM rush for Lost, which may or may not have been all that worthwhile. No, actually, I'll just go and make up my mind and say that episode was really dumb. There was not one part in it that was good, except for Ben being Ben, which is always worthwhile.

Well, alright. I've got to check on my boot-gluing. See you all back at school next week.

-Stephanie

No comments: