Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Distant Future. The Year 2000.

Happy Thursday! This message is coming at you from the future! Thanks to time travel!

See, I exist in a moment in time where I have access to a computer. However, when you will be reading this, probably on a Thursday, I will not, at any moment of that day, have access to a computer.

So it's not so much as this message is coming from the future rather than it's going to the future, but in either case it strikes me as being unstuck in time. And that's always worthy of note.

So apparently this is the first time in four years that I haven't been in contact with a computer on a Thursday. Presumably longer. That's kind of crazy, but it also is our culture; there was another time and place where someone might have been shocked to be similarly separated from say a horse. If one considers a horse to be a technology. It's not better or worse, just different!!!! And that's my senior sem paper in a nutshell.

I would like to tell you about my all-nighter from Sunday night. I camped out in the ER after work (which ended at 11:30), hijacking their computers for Word and Final Draft and Final Cut (which I wouldn't have had anyhow). I made progress on my senior sem paper (it's 11 pages now!) and my short screenplay (5 pages!) and my sound design project (tedious) and tried to work on my HEROES paper, but I was too foggy and this time travel business wasn't making any sense at all.

I took a short nap on one of the couches at the back of the office from like 6 - 7 in the morning, because I had to move my car out of it's nearby faculty spot at that second time. And then I came back and did some more Sound, and then I went and got a tea from Heritage and came back and enjoyed the morning, and then I went to chapel!

The day was pretty fine, but I was noticeably loopy. Loopier. And I didn't hear the second half of Sr. Sem because I was starting to drift into another world--a place, which, incidentally, I haven't experienced since high school. Why was I so tired in high school? I feel like I was that tired all four years.

So, in the past 62 hours, I've had about 7 hours of sleep. This is as of approximately midnight on Tuesday. Which is the past, but hey.

Going to Mexico tomorrow. Gonna sleep in and then go to Mexico. I gotta finish packing.

Also, Carolyn came to visit me on Saturday and that was so fun. I drove us on the freeway to Pasadena and we didn't die!!! We went to no less than three eating establishments. We played Star Wars Battlefront all day and watched SPEED RACER which I undoubtedly love. The colors, Duke, the colors! (I'm colorblind, kid) We also tried to play Brianna's "My Horse and Me" Wii game, but we couldn't figure out how to turn left. Try chasing the chickens out of the corn, or trying to sort the butterflies with only well-planned right turns. It's awful.

I like the show CHUCK and I like the show HEROES and I like the show THE OFFICE. I like Sylar/Elle. I like the show VERONICA MARS. I like stuff like that and mid-sentence I realized that some day soon this blog will likely be only about tv stuff. How awesome is that.

Also, it's raining. Mexico is going to be a mud puddle.

Have a lovely Thursgiving Day. I'm sorry I'm going to miss out. (Or will I? Mexican Thanksgiving Part 2????)

-Steph

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I predicted that this would happen. Ask Michelle, or your mom, or your brother. I can tell the future. ;)