Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Last Studentious Thursday

Happy Thursday! I really hope it is, anyway. My last studentious Thursday. That is, the last Thursday in which I am a student. Did you know graduation is the day after tomorrow? Scratch that, that was a sucky movie. Did you know graduation is Saturday?

Well it is!

For some of us.

I spent the last few days probably the busiest and most miserable I've ever been. But I'm fairly confident in the quality of the grades I might receive. Or, have earned. But every point is in, every final behind me. Well, not entirely true, INK-MAN is due tomorrow at five, but I've been over that for a long time now. Not over-over it, just letting it exist outside of the forefront of my mind, as it did for so long. Letting it rise, if you will. I am a baker of movies.

Finished a short screenplay for screenwriting (shocker) and it's alright. Once I get a working version of Final Draft back I'll touch it up. The TFT computers only had the demo mode so after 15 pages I couldn't save anymore. And I had to copy it into Word anyhow 'cause it would save to .pdf with a giant watermark. So I had to fight stupid Word 3000 formatting and somehow it became two pages longer than it was in Final Draft. And it numbered the title page. Life is so hard for me.

Also finished my sr. sem paper, on how technology is impossible to judge. I think it's an interesting point, but not entirely relevant or well-argued. I'm just glad it's over.

Acting is also over! We all did our scenes in a sort of performance this morning, and I invited people like Megan and Sam. I still think Christina and Tyler's scene was outstanding, though. They're why I invited people at all. (no offense to the rest of the class, of course)

Sci-fi final I was half an hour late to because I was finishing my term paper after work the other morning. THAT is the crappiest paper ever written. But all I need is to pass the class, not exceed in it.

And Sound Design. THAT IS OVER NOW KPLZTHNX.

Brianna and Megan already went home, and Beth might leave before graduation. :< Sam, too, I think. I am not looking forward to packing. So much stuff!!! First thing I do when I get home is to get rid of everything I don't want to have. Like, for serious. Second thing is to set up a schedule of watching movies/writing/reading books on screenwriting. Third is stock the trunk of my car with a survival kit.

So I was driving the other day and it hit me like a handful of gravel that I want to keep my car forever. That's the car I want to drive around Hollywood and people who know me will be able to spot what building I'm inside because my car's there in the parking lot. I want my car to run forever. I don't another, not a Mini or even a Chrysler Crossfire Roadster (2005).

Yeahp, so, I don't know what direction this blog will take from now on. I'd like it to become more cinematically-minded, but I might just want to make up a new blog for that. I'll have the time.

Oh gosh, guys. Who knows what will happen next?!

-Stephanie 08

No comments: