Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's a Christmas day!

Happy Thursday! I've been saying that all day, and I think I said "Merry Christmas" like maybe three times. I even wore my new Classy Thursday pants, because they were classy and also because they were brown. Still are! In fact. I also got this sweet gray camo shirt. I guess I really like gray camo.

FULLTIME KILLER from Carolyn! Finally! Now we can all enjoy it!!

Along the same lines, SMOKIN' ACES from my folks, although I picked it out of the 7.99 rack at Blockbuster last week. Darn, I just realized I should have bought it on my discount. Silly me.

The entire series of SUPER FRIENDS from my brother. So wacky. Invisible planes? Bars of gold turning into doves?? Apache Chief??? I love it.

Got a cute little Mach 6 and the U.S.S. Reliant from Steven and Jacqi, respectively. They had a race but the Reliant won 'cause it could go in space and all.

Oh yeah, and a PS3.



WHAT! YES. YES I DID.

Here I come, world of Blu-Ray. Didn't actually get anything to play on it, but my and my bro ran over to Blockbuster and rented Lego Batman (for free, of course). It's pretty fun. I get to smash a lot of stuff, and who doesn't love that? Now we gotta get the wireless network up and running again, and I'll be in business. I feel technologically wealthy today.

So my brother and all the little ones that belong to him are here to visit. And my uncle and aunt came over for the day. And I stopped by at Carolyn's house to drop off Jacqi's present (yes), but she wasn't there. It was a good day. I'm sleepy but I think I'll watch another episode of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.

Okay so I've got my free rentals again, yeah? I'm going to watch tv with them. I've started PUSHING DAISIES and BSG, and I've got the first disc of UGLY BETTY. The first I've heard good things about, and a lot of people are sad it's canceled, and I really love DEAD LIKE ME which was created by the same guy. From the first episode, I was like ehhhhh what is this?! But by the third I was totally warmed up to it. It's funny.

BSG and me go way back. Back like two summers, the summer where I watched, on average, five hours of STAR TREK a day (three TNG and two DS9 courtesy of Sci-Fi channel). In the midst of all this, I said to myself, You should really try that BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. And somewhere, somehow, the clouds of TREK parted and what came floating down but an episode of BSG. So I watched it. And decided I hated it more than somewhat.

Dr. P is sorta crazy about it, and since then I've watched two separate episodes in two separate classes. The first, confirmed my opinion. Another was assigned but I didn't have time to watch it (it was this semester) so I Wiki'd it, and something in those pages caught my eye. So then in class we watched another episode, and hmmmmmm I said, maybe this isn't so bad after all.

So last week we rented the miniseries pilot and now I'm on disc two and I'm going to watch another after I'm done with this. Oh, how the times have changed.

UGLY BETTY I've only seen two episodes of ever, but both times I've been pleasantly surprised.

I'm going to start 30 ROCK over, too, fill in the gaps, but Carolyn has those so I don't need to rent it.

So that's what I've been doing. TV, wrapping presents. Hanging out at Carolyn's. Cleaning my room. It's quite clean now. Ripping music onto my new computer because now I have the space for it. What else. Started work again yesterday. Been trying to organize my superhero serial, but I made the most cryptic notes last time I tried to think about it.

I feel like I did something special in particular on one of the days since last Thursday, but you know me, at this time of the night I can't remember anything worthwhile. I need to start writing in a calendar again. My sister got me one with star charts updated monthly (and the phase of the moon daily--full moon on my next birthday!), so I will have to use that. For great justice.

So Merry Christmas everyone! I hope your days were jolly and safe and not as windy as mine.

-Steph

No comments: