Thursday, December 18, 2008

Late Thursday

Happy Thursday! I cannot for the life of me believe that Christmas is in a week. We don't even have a tree yet. I don't even have any presents in mind for anyone. Bah.

Hey, so, I graduated! I even passed all my classes (C+ in Sr. Sem. but hey, that's passing!)! So that's utterly over with. Last Friday (gosh, it was just last Friday) we tried to export what was done on Ink-Man, but it wouldn't get past 11 minutes. I must have some kind of curse, always having the most bizarre, inexplicable, and unfixable technical problems on my projects. Do you remember when Order Up! wouldn't export out of the special effects program, and we had to export it as THREE THOUSAND JPGS and recompile them in Final Cut? Doesn't happen to anyone else but me.

But it got graded and I got a B in the class. Good enough! Dan said he'd keep working on it, and evidently it's in the running for the year-end premiere night, so hopefully it'll at least be finished by then.

Saturday was graduation, and I had to get up at 7:45. :< I'm so so so glad I graduated in the winter because the ceremony was in the Event Center and was like an hour long. When I got my diploma case, Jon Wallace said "I got this one for you," which appealed immensely to my sense of humor. But I forgot to put my middle name on the name card or the diploma, and that's sad.

I had a mental lapse and didn't ask Carolyn if she'd like to come to graduation (since all my other so-called friends up and left before Saturday), but I did end up asking Friday night and luckily she was able to hitch a ride with my folks the next morning! Lucky! She took all them pictures you might have noticed on Facebook already. And we went to DJs for the best pita plate, and then we cleaned my apartment! And now I can't find anything because I didn't pack it, Carolyn did, and I'm unpacking very slowly. And then I drove us home, and luckily it didn't rain and luckily I didn't do a barrel roll.

Sunday was Steven's birthday and I got invited to his funtime lunchtime thing. City Buffet in Oxnard. It's good! That kid is 18 now. I've known him half his life. Geez.

Monday me and Carolyn...did something. Lemme ask. Oh, right. It rained! And we went to Burger King and got pretty amusing Mario toys: A chain chomp that smashes into things, and a drug-addled Princess Peach who spins and also smashes into things/falls off the table. The Charn Champ came with Wario and Bowser cutouts to knock down, but we put those up for Peach to run into, and I with the Chimp Charmp aimed at her to protect the villagers. RIDICULOUSLY FUN.

Then we went over to Buena, actually got visitors' passes so we wouldn't be arrested as child molesters, and visited Mrs. Lyans. Except class wasn't out yet, so first we went to the library. (This blog started after senior year, but that year we all spent 6th period in the library, and when we go back to visit we try to get them to rope off our table, or at least put up a plaque) But then Mrs. Lyans class came into the library!

But after school was out we went over to her class, which had moved rooms but still managed to look precisely the same, and loitered and wouldn't let her leave. I think I promised to show Ink-Man to her class. We had Film Studies and Creative Writing with her that glorious penultimate year, and they were literally my favorite classes of high school. Big surprise. She's still teaching them, and so now I have some kind of authority in being a guest. I'm cool. Kevin Costner and Zachary Levi went to my high school.

And then we tried to go home, but I had locked us out. So we went to Joann's instead, because they're going out of business. Then we went to L&L and got spam musubi and did a crossword. It was an awfully rainy day, and I really did not want to be locked out. It was sorta fun playing hobo, though.

Then we discovered Jacqi was secretly back in town, and the next day we all went to Carolyn's house and did I-don't-remember what and then played Mario Party. I had to be Waluigi because they haven't unlocked Squiddy yet. Then I left them early to go to a play at church. It was alright.

Then yesterday they both came over to my house and helped me throw stuff away in my room. I'm trying to clean it, but I'm really just making more of a mess. Then we went to Korean food with Dorothy.

Today I really did nothing, but I meant to clean so much. I started laundry, but the most thing I did was set up my Zune on my new computer and subscribe to podcasts. I also walked to the post office (and back), and listened to a CHUCK podcast and then a "Zero Hour with Rod Serling" radio show. The former was better than the latter, although there was a priceless oldtimey line in the radio show: "This woman had a certain girl scout quality about her. Delicate yet determined." Oh, old fashioned times. You're fantastic.

I also updated my Facebook!

OH so. I have a new computer! His name is Keith and he is the envy of the village. My monitor? We watched SPEED RACER on it instead of the TV. And it has a webcam which can watch my room and tell me if anyone uses my computer while I'm gone. I have fake surround sound because I also plugged in my old set of speakers. I can install whatever I want and rip all my music because I have five times as much space as I ever had before. It has Vista, though, and I'm still having some heated arguments with it. Honestly, Microsoft. Windows Media Player 11? Are you trying to make me switch to iTunes? At least I'd already made the switch to Firefox.

Also, "life without walls?" What an awful slogan for a product called windows. Where are you going to put your windows if you don't have any walls? Honestly, Microsoft.

Review time!

SOMEHOW I FORGOT THAT MONDAYS EXIST AND DIDN'T REMEMBER TO WATCH HEROES OR CHUCK UNTIL JACQI TOLD ME TO AT LIKE 12:30 TUESDAY MORNING. But I caught up. (Full screen on this monitor? Sweetness)

HEROES.
Well, we really didn't care about that half of the cast, now did we?
Sylar pulled out all the stops and finally became the villain he was meant to be.
Now what are they gonna do?

CHUCK
Yvonne Strahovski (who I heard interviewed on the podcast today) is a really wonderful actress when it comes to expressing complex emotions with her face. Really. Watch her. She'll take your breath away.
Zachary Levi went to my high school.
What the heck was that Anna/Lester?? WHY did that even happen??

I don't know why those came out as middling reviews. I actually liked both episodes quite a bit. Can't wait for everything to start up again after the winter hiatus!

Next stop: Christmas.

-Steph

No comments: