Thursday, May 07, 2009

COFFEE

HAPPY THURSDAY. I THOUGHT I'D SCARE YOU OFF WITH A MISUSE OF CAPITAL LETTERS. But I'm not actually tweaking out on what amounts to my fourth cup of coffee (I used the big mug). I'm just going to be awake for a loooong time. Hooray.

So I totally drink coffee now. A year and a half ago I woulda laughed in your face. But now I like it a lot. But I can't put sugar in it, or else it takes on his horrific spoiled flavor that makes me die a little inside. Very strange. I also eat nori, when in about the same period of time ago, it woulda made me sick. I wonder if I got abducted or experimented on a year and a half ago?

So the premiere was last Friday! (right, Friday?) And that was so much fun. INK-MAN 2 screened in a real-live theater to a real-live audience who had authentic reactions. They laughed! Some cackled. And it played extra-cheesey which totally worked for it even though at times it was accidental. shhhhh I did everything on purpose.

It was cool to see everyone and see their productions. Everything was of a quality of a higher level than I expected. Even the ones from the class the original INK-MAN came from were very good. I liked this whole batch much better than last year's. No offense to last year's, but in that case I thought there were some that people liked just because they were supposed to. You know how it is, Hollywood politics and that.

We got home at like two (sorry, mom&dad) and I was sleepy the whole next day. Went thrifting with Carolyn and bought no less than three pairs of pants: blue navy pants, blue grandpa pants, and white pants for AXing. I also bought a book about Christian Mounties, another about the Yakuza and Soviets, and a record of historical radio broadcasts. Then we stopped at Starbucks before work and I got a cafe americano. I was literally buzzing for the next two hours, which did not beneficially effect my work performance.

Sunday I worked but got out early. Just in time for a concert at the college! Chris Botti and his little band. He's very good, but some of his songs were a tad too abstract for me. We sat in the sun and I ruined my effort to even out my farmers tan. Then we went to dinner with my aunt and uncle at the harbor. We went to this Italian place that we'd never been to, and I had an excellent sandwich.

Monday and Tuesday I didn't work, so I don't know what I did. Probably started working out again since I've been slacking. I think I spent Tuesday at the library. I read about angels, crop circles, conspiracy theories, how to influence your dreams, etc. Two out of the four are screenplay research, haha. After narrowing down my field, I brought home a Batman graphic novel, a book on the invention of the laser, a book on California's water history, and a slightly more academic book on crop circles. To be honest, I've only read through the Batman book so far, but I've got another two weeks.

Yesterday I went in to work super early, increasing my week's work hours by fifty percent. It was a long day. Today I watched the LOST that I missed, and it did not disappoint! Season finale next week, and I hope they treat it as seriously as they've treated the rest of this season. I don't want to say too much in case there's somebody out there who hasn't seen it yet, but I especially liked all the craziness that happened between a certain group of three people who are particularly important. They are a trio who have pretty complex inter-relationships between themselves, and I look forward to seeing how that plays out.

What's hilarious is that I could be referring to two, maybe even three different groups of people. While the other is interesting enough, I think it's starting to get old. I mean, it's been THREE years. Moving on.

I meant to go on a walk today, like to train for maybe walking to the harbor again soon, but it was a little too warm. So I just went around the park, which is like a one-fourth of the harbor journey. But hey, I like the warm. It's my fave.

But mostly I stayed in and watched some anime. Went to BK with Carolyn and picked up some Star Trek toys. I got Zachary-style Spock, and she got Uhura which she traded for the Enterprise. We also both bought Spock cups, those collector glasses which they're selling. Pretty cool. I just bought us tickets to go see it tomorrow at 3:35, and no power in the 'verse can stop me.

Speaking of, how CRAZY was Alan Tudyk in DOLLHOUSE last week? Pretty dang crazy. I admire the skillz of that man.

Also! Sci-fi's having a Trek marathon (meaning ENTERPRISE and TNG and some TNG movies...I suppose that's all they have syndication rights for...because that's a pretty lame "Trek" marathon) so we watched a crazy TNG ep that had... wait for it... Mama Petrelli as a Klingon! She is literally EVERYONE'S Mama. And she was in the episode with Michael Dorn, who plays the President in HEROES, who had a scene with Sylar, played by Zachary Quinto who plays Spock in the new movie... and that's just the beginning of the crossovers.

Also this week I rediscovered Chicken Boo from Animaniacs. I drew him, which you can see on Facebook. I think that's the funniest premise ever. If you never saw Animaniacs, let me share it with you: people are talking about so-and-so, who is amazingly good at whatever he does. They all swap stories of his brilliance, after which one person says, "I heard he was a giant chicken." At this, this person is thrown out for being ridiculous. Then Chicken Boo comes in. And he is a giant chicken, in some meager disguise that prevents everyone from seeing that it's a chicken behind the mustache. He does whatever he does, and he IS great at it, but invariably he loses his disguise in the process. Horrified that he ACTUALLY IS a giant chicken, the people throw him out.

I LOVE IT. It's also very sad. These people are very racist towards chickens.

Worf is also racist towards Romulans.

Okay, okay, I think I'm going to try some writing now, since I'm typing like a fiend. It's gonna be great. I'll tell you all how STAR TREK is.

-Steph

ps
It's gonna be GREAT.

No comments: