Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sleepytime Thursday

Happy Thursday! The schedule got all switched up so I had to work tonight when it woulda been a day off. My feet hurt. >=[ And I have to work in the morning, again, too. AND we have to sell rewards again, so that's fantastic.

And after work tomorrow we're jetting off to fancy Azusa for the fancy film premiere. INK-MAN 2 will be seen and judged by the world. Eep. But it should be fun. And the reception's at the newish Mediterranean place that I went to once while Beth and Megan were frightened and waited in the car.

Last year this event was in Pasadena, but tomorrow it'll be at the cheap theater across the street. Which they remodeled so it'll at least seem fancy. SAM! Get ready for your face on the big screen!!

My mom's birthday was on Tuesday, so I bought some balloons and stuff and we made a cake. I got her a DVD collection of Picard episodes, and made two flowery pillowcases. I made those in secret bwahaha. The flowers I planted have rainchecked to Mother's Day, since they're only like two inches tall now. But one day soon they'll bloom, and they're for my mom!

And here's the story of how I figured out what I did last weekend:

Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
did we do anything last weekend?
Souji says:
ujmmmmmmmmmmm
Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
we watched a Due South, or no?
Souji says:
i did not go to the island
i don't think you came over
you worked then were going to watch the movie with your parents?
Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
you had to draw
Souji says:
since i think i drew that day
Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
we played Rock Band.....when on earth was that
Souji says:
yeah, that was the day i watched two movies in a row
oh
um
friday?
no
the day dollhouse is on?
Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
oh, maybe!
friday
Souji says:
since you had to leave before nine
Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
right
Souji says:
so you can watch the show
ah
yup, played some rock band and watched some due south
Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
was that just the first episode of season 4?
Souji says:
i think that was it over here
um
maybe 2 eps?
Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
really?
Souji says:
since we are on like 4 or something
right?
there were two different girls
in two different eps
Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
the canadian baseball game
Souji says:
we did not watch that in the same sitting?
oh, we only watched just that one, that time
?
Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
I think ... so
because of all the rock band
Souji says:
then when did we watch the others?
Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
did we even see more?
Souji says:
there was only 30 minutes of rock band
oh i thought we did
like the girl and the old lady
the con
then later the card game
Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
oh yeah!!
Souji says:
that is 3 eps
i thought we watched them all in one sitting
since i want to say rock band ended at 5
right?
Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
sure
Souji says:
three eps is till 8
little over into 8 o clock
um
Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
and then I guess it was Saturday that I didn't come over
Souji says:
yup
and i have no clue what you did on those other days of the week
Ayan: Halfway Jumpers says:
me either

The end.

I guess DUE SOUTH really isn't that memorable of a show? XD Season four seems sillier than the previous one, and not necessarily in a good way. But I shall have to see more. MOAR.

On Monday CHUCK and HEROES had their season finales (although no one's sure if CHUCK is coming back, yet). CHUCK was pretty solid and HEROES was pretty ridiculous. I don't want to talk about it.

Caught HIMYM online the next day, it was funny but I'll have to think a moment longer to remember what it was about. Three Days Rule. Yeah, it wasn't bad.

I saw yesterday's LOST today and ever since I've had this backburner urge to watch more. But I can't, because I'm caught up. Farraday was in it, and had some cool backstory and some widely varied acting moments. Also, it's strange to think that some characters are newer than others, like Farraday and Miles, and Juliet and Ben before them. Minus Juliet, I like this new batch more than any of the originals. And where's Sayid at these days? I know he had a backstory/catch-up story just recently, but I've already forgotten everything we covered there.

To sum up, there's not much wrong LOST is doing these days. They had some rough patches in seasons past, but so far, this one is just as top-notch as the first. I hope it lasts until the end. (Actually, their focus and drive is probably now due to the fact that they know how the heck this thing is going to end. ...at least, I hope they do.)

I also cleaned my room today. w00t. And I came across the FFXII manga I bought at last year's AX, and I think I'm going to try to read it again. Every year I end up picking up a book in Japanese, just to get my language lessons by reading. Putting the book in the middle of the dictionary, I end up reading a page every like fifteen minutes. It's pretty intense reading. But I haven't done it in a while--I haven't done anything Japanese related in a while--so I'll try to start up again.

Final thought: I've decided I'm super excited for STAR TREK. Sidenote: we got some Trek dolls in a the store (I know, right?) and the old school Kirk is decidedly black. The Spock, on the other hand, looks just like Nimoy. The Quinto one, not so much.

-Steph

No comments: