Thursday, June 04, 2009

Thursday, Briefly

Happy Thursday! Today it was actually warm for a period, despite every day previous opening in cold cold wintertimes. Yesterday, for instance, it could have rained. Do not want. Maybe things will be nicer when I get back.

Saturday Brianna's getting marrrrrried! So tomorrow I'm driving up to Murphys, CA which is sorta around where the wedding will be. The roadtrip of the summer. I hope I don't die, and, if I don't, I hope the wedding will be fantastic (but I know it will be). I'm sorta the videographer, too, so we'll see how that goes.

Congrats, BranBran!

The other day (maybe Friday?) we went to my mom's school for lunch and then crashed her class after so the kids could ask hilarous questions. Our favorite was Drew, who was wearing a sweater vest and also red Converse with black laces.

So today we drove out to Santa Paula to have lunch with our dad. We went to an Irish pub a couple doors down that his office had redesigned. I had corned beef! And an eighth of a boiled cabbage. It was quite good.

Then I ended up at Carolyn's, renting them so many games. We played "Speed Racer: The Videogame" until my thumb bones hurt. It's just a psychedelic as the movie, and maybe half as fun. You get to drive the cars and flip them into other cars, so that's GREAT.

I cannot remember a single other detail from this week. Super tired. Gotta get up early, tomorrow, too. =[ Still have to finish packing. Grar.

I guess what I did this week that's different from most weeks was that I did a lot of reading. Remember how we went to the library? Turns out two of the books I got were not very good or informative, so I finished with them very quickly. Then Nero Wolfe! And when that was done, I felt that I missed having something to read. Luckily, my mom had gone to the library the day after and picked up "Batman & Me," Bob Kane's autobiography. Bob Kane being the guy who invented Batman.

His book is kinda like listening to your favorite grandpa tell stories about his childhood. Like, he was in a street gang in the 30s and rumbled with other gangs and got his arm broken. It's very interesting to see all the experiences of his life melting together as inspirations for his comics. I hope one day my story will be half as interesting.

Also, his old Batman comics? RIDICULOUS. Old timey things are just so bizarre. Audiences now are just too sophisticated. No more "he hid the pay inside the snowmen--INGENIOUS" type of stuff.

I guess I also hung out with my family and went to work and stuff. Seems that's all, then.

I'll let you know how the wedding was~

-Steph

No comments: