Thursday, June 25, 2009

Introducing...A Thursday

Happy Thursday! So many people died today, like Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcett. Craziness. Moving on.

The AX is next week! I got the time off! I'm half way done with my costume! My wig shipped today (urrr I hope I get it in time)!

This year has been the year of painting costumes. I don't remember what the first item was, but Carolyn was faced with the need to affix a different color onto a large portion of an existing shirt or whatever. She was going to cut and sew it on! I said "what if you just painted it?" And now she's painted part or all of pretty much everything. Ties, shirts, boots, jackets, skirts, hats, canes. No purses this year.

In my dream last night, there was a part where Jacqi came over "just in time to paint ties."

Mine doesn't have any paint, but then, I'm making most of it myself. The shoes might have paint. My gloves are 99% done, my pants are 90% done, I just need to construct arm-weights, and sew a bowl onto my shirt collar. And style the wig. I hope that works out.

This is also the first year I've used the sewing machine for anything substantial. I used to insist on hand sewing things, which took forever. I didn't really ever use the machine until pillows, so I'm still sorta new at it. Practice practice practice.

Yesterday we went thrifting one last time and I bought the most beautiful chair. 14 dollars, comfortable, light-weight, and straight out of someone's drug trip. I forgot to take a picture to show you. I could do it now but I don't want to. Next week. Remind me.

Me and my mom watched RASHOMON today for the first time. Pretty good. A little different than what I thought I'd been told what it was. Makes me really want to finish SEVEN SAMURAI. I liked that one a lot.

I'm trying to remember the rest of the week, but it's not really working. Oh I guess Tuesday was a really good day. I sold 8 passes at work, which is a personal best and also one less than the store total today. Larry was really happy with me, which is good, since he wasn't so happy about me not letting him know about the AX sooner. But it's alright now. Yeah, Tuesday was just all around a good day. It was like a Thursday in spirit.

Oh ahah, we watched THE SPIRIT. Sucks sucks sucks. Also OUTLANDER, but it sucked a good deal less. VALKYRIE was fine, but not very engaging. I think I may have mentioned Valkyrie last week? I don't know when any of this happened.

For Father's Day we took a very long excursion down the beach and back. I got a tar foot! We were only going to go as far as to where the river lets out, but it was sanded across so we just kept going and going and going probably twice as far as that. It was a nice day AND we saw dolphins. But going back took twice as long because I was dying. :< I thought I was in better shape than that?

Ah alright, I'm a-sleepy, so I'll let you go for now.

For Now.

-Steph

No comments: