Thursday, August 20, 2009

The August Traitor

Happy Thursday! So August happened and scared summer away. It's very much like June now, all dark and cold until afternoon when it's hot for a few hours. I miss summer :<

Uwah I'm so tired. Due to other people dropping the ball, I ended up working...sixteen hours over the weekend. That's more than I scheduled in this entire week. Time to buy a DS next paycheck!

Okay, so I know the weekend was many days ago but I'm still tired. Staying up too late. Freakin' Facebook and its farming/gaming/questing apps. I could go to sleep right now if I weren't in a chair (ordinarily I could, chair or no chair, but this one is wheeled and I might die).

Sometime this week I bought fish. Pets type fish. Two gold fish named "Jacob" and Anderson. I took their picture but there wasn't enough light so I'll have to wait til daytime to get a non-grainy picture for you. Anderson is white with a red dot on his head, and "Jacob" is goldfish with a black stripe on top. They're pretty dumb, but I get stuck watching them do nothing for minutes and minutes. When I get a filter that works, I'm gonna get some neon tetras. But those are two, three dollars apiece whereas my current fish were 28 cents total with tax.

The fair ended, so I went and picked up my stuff and my ribbons. The agriculture pick-up time was right during work, so I'll never see my funny looking lemon again. They mailed me my $5.

Yesterday work was at night, so I spent the day re-watching BSG season one and cutting out construction paper. Remember Showtime? You might not. He's the dog I drew, the only one in the history of the circus to be both a dog and a magician? I printed him out on several colors, cut out just those shapes that should be that color, and glued them down on a left over piece of board from art class. Negative spaces! Not sure what possessed me to do that, but he turned out all right.

It was that board I was looking for when I found that Harry Potter book, btw. Continuity yay.

Tuesday I drove with Carolyn and Steven to drop him off at the airport. Then we skulked around Burbank for a while, which was sorta great. There's a wonderful wonderful bakery near the airport, Porto's, and it has very good bread. Nearby there are no less than two comic/movies/nerd collectible shops, and a creepy petstore. I'll take you there some time.

Other than that it's been hanging out, makin brownies, playin video games. Driving recklessly, planting plants, sleeping.

Now, I believe, it's time to try writing. I haven't been, but I need to. I'll keep you updated on that.

No comments: