Thursday, August 13, 2009

I found it!

Happy Thursday! While looking for something entirely unrelated, I managed to discover that my house has contained for some time the last Harry Potter book. "WHAT'S THIS?!" I laughed, "WHAT IS THIS." I started reading it at maybe seven or so Sunday night, paused halfway through for sleeping, and finished it at 4:30 Monday afternoon.

A deep breath.

Those are going to be a pair of amazing movies. I just now realize that perhaps my first thought should have been on the quality of the book itself, but when I know there's movies on the way, I can't think of my experience being complete just yet. Anyway, the sad things were super sad, and nothing at all happened the way I expected it to. I wonder what reading the first one now would be like.

Even sadder, however, was the Pixar film UP. Just saw it at the cheap theater with Carolyn on Friday....it had me close to tears no less than three times. Like, stare hard at the screen and pretend I'm not crying sort of sad. Maybe I was just over emotional that day, but man did it get to me. Try it yourselves.

Tuesday I -- wait for it -- started cleaning my room. ! I threw out three containers of trash and spelling tests from the third grade. Came across a fill-out sheet of beginnings of sentences to be completed by the student: "Today I feel ---," "When I finish high school ---."

It finishes with "I often worry about --- fire." which made me LOL so much.

Another great thing I found was a story by my sister, which I will reprint here without her consent. It's called "The Princess."

One opon a Time Thar was a Princess. the princess was Loving. She had a Favivrit tree.
one day she want to the Forist. She saw a Farrey.
She was prety. she had a wonde.
the princess said haloww. thay toct
the Farey said you can have 1 wish
I wish I had a Princ
the Farrey said I will sow you a pitchr' ov him (poof!) I will give you him in a week

I love that story so much.

Yesterday was work and then I kidnapped Jacqi on the way home because she was in the bad side of town (because it was my side) and then took her to Carolyn's house, as all good kidnappers do. What did we do? Geometry wars, Rock Band. The reg.

Today we went to the fair! I do believe we saw and did everything! We watched tap artists and turkey races and an animal show and crystal-glass-playing and I pet a donkey and a baby goat!! We laughed at all the kids' drawings (I hope they make it to facebook) and ignored all the people trying to sell us stuff.

I just checked last week's blog and it looks like that was before I went the first time with my folks. Maybe that was Friday, too. My lemon won first, and I got a second-placed story and pillow, and a third pillow, too. So that makes about $10 won. Pays for getting in to see 'em! That's the way to do it.

Me and my dad started putting together this tv signal transmitter today. It's like for broadcasting a VCR signal to any tv in your house. It would work great if any of our tvs were capable of picking up broadcast signals. XD Oh well. We soldered on the big pieces for now, and I'm not so good at that. Next time we really gotta open a window, too, 'cause I'm feeling a little toxified after that.

You can sleep off lead poisoning, right?

-Steph

No comments: