Thursday, September 03, 2009

Lazy

Happy Thursday! This week sorta just oozed along, didn't it? It's that fine summer weather that (now that September is here) is slowing everything down. I love it. We went to the beach today and I got a lovely knee-top burn.

My sister is back from Taiwan, hanging out here for another week before she's off again to the real world in Seattle. Fun sisterly activities include sleeping off jet lag, shopping, and watching DEXTER. And the beach. And once we went to Lowe's. Pretty exciting.

Also, you'd better believe it when they tell you that season two of DEXTER is better than season one.

We just watched 17 AGAIN again, and while I thought the beginning was pretty laggy, I still found many of the jokes hilarious. Actually, to be honest, it's carried mostly on the Efron's facial expressions and exasperated delivery of lines. There was also a trailer at the start of something I've never heard of - Orson Welles and Me? Looks like the Zef is here to stay.

On my own, I've managed to catch up in Naruto, which I've been behind in for like a year. Would you believe that I've been watching it for four years, and when I started there were like sixty episodes already? I'm on 126 of the second part, and I don't know how many there were in the first, but it has to be over a hundred, maybe two. Geesh. Don't start Naruto, kids.

Also jumped back into Hetalia, a short five-minute show based on the manga about the countries of the world...here, I'll let the internet explain: "Based on a popular web-released manga series by Hidekazu Himaruya, this has been described as a "cynical gag" story set in Europe in the years between WW1 and WW2 (1915-1939), using exaggerated caricatures of the different nationalities as portrayed by a gaggle of bishōnen (pretty boys). For example, the Italia Veneziano character is into pasta and women. The Deutsche (German) bishi loves potatoes and sausages, and Nippon is an otaku (geek/fan) boy. Installments of the manga have jumped back and forth in setting from the ancient times to modern-day geopolitics. The manga's title comes the Japanese words for "useless" (hetare) and Italy (Italia)."

The first episode can be found here. It's hilarious and educational!

I don't know if I mentioned last time, but I'm also watching the old Batman show on Youtube. It's like, my most favorite thing ever. It's exactly the kind of show I want to watch, and I don't care who knows it! "FanOfBats" has a lot of the episodes, but you can also search the whole place by title and find the ones he's missing.

I guess I have an answer for those people at work who ask me why I haven't seen any of their crappy new movies. I'm too busy watching all this other stuff!

In other news, my grandma, my dad's mom, isn't doing great...so there's that. Dunno what else to say, just thought I'd mention it. My dad just got back from seeing her.

Welp, all I can say is maybe something thrilling will happen this week so that next week's blog will be more entertaining. Til then!

-Steph

No comments: