Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Thursday Happy Christmas

Happy Thursday! And also Merry Christmas, to those of you who had to wait this long for it. We were super busy at the store today, although I was warned that tomorrow is the biggest refund day of the year. :<

So Christmas was good! We did shopping and baking and family Christmas things. Here's something you need to bake right now:

Golden Kolacky
Blend one stick butter (1/2 cup) with 4 oz. cream cheese. Add a cup of flour. Refrigerate an hour or so.

Roll it out and make squares one way or another. The recipe said 2 1/2 inch squares but I didn't measure. THEN. put a little jam or preserves on each square and fold over two corners. Like a broken taco. And then bake them for like 10 minutes at 375.

Don't bite them too soon, or the jam will burn your face. I used apricot. Tastes just like breakfast.

And my sister made some pretty good pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from the same book. I made Russian tea cakes with crushed up candy cane, but it would have been better with Andes or something less crunchy. We made dough for Finnish nut logs, but I didn't get around to baking them until like yesterday. They're alright.

I sewed my sister an apron that was sort of cute, but I forgot to take a picture. And I made my mom a pink fleece capish thing with brown fuzzy collar thing. And there's fringe! I did my first functional button holing on these projects.

Does anyone need an apron? I'll make you one. To order.

Also, come visit me, and I'll cook for you. These are things I love to do.

Something else I love is Ringo Starr. I got my dad a remastered DVD set of A HARD DAY'S NIGHT, and we watched that. I sorta grew up with the Beatles, but not really, and just since the Rock Band came out am I learning about them for real. What a cool band. And Ringo is my fave.

Also, me and Carolyn beat Borderlands yesterday. The ending was a surprise. A large surprise.

Merry Christmas!

-Steph

No comments: