Thursday, March 25, 2010

Every Movie

Happy Thursday! Today lovely warm spring took a break and we had fake winter again. :< I will ignore it til it stops.

Work was just a tiny baby morning thing, I was out by 1! So I took a walk to CVS Longs and bought lunch and water for my fish. Poor things haven't been cleaned in weeks. But now they're okay!

Got myself a learn bass book, so we've been learning scales and such. Practiced quite a bit today, but mostly out of my tabs binder. I added Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again and the guitar chords for If Not For You.

It'll take a lot of work for me to get any good at the guitar, so I'm glad I'm sticking with bass, lol.

On my walk, I threw on George Harrison's first solo album, All Things Must Pass, and was reminded that What is Life is one of my most favorite songs ever. So I flipped open my binder and found that that was one of the first tabs I ever printed! But it was too hard.

Not anymore. I can totally almost really play it -- slightly slower and I have it perfect; at speed I get a little lost. But the songs that are easy I'm sooo pro at, like Get Back or that Dylan one I mentioned, or really any Dylan one.

I'm video chatting with Beth right now. We jammed a little bit, despite the lag. Ohohoh, technology.

She showed me this lovely video. It's like, what English would sound like if you didn't know it. I've always wondered.

Oh so the other thing is that we now get ten movies a week. Plz to be suggesting things you want me to see. I won't be able to fill that quota under my own steam. I just saw Requiem for a Dream and Rebel Without a Cause, and A Streetcar Named Desire is slated for tomorrow.

Also, if I would stop running around on stupid quests, I could totally beat Final Fantasy XIII. I think I was at around 60 hours, last I checked.

Okay I'm done with this. Lemme know, too, if there's anything in particular you would like to hear about.

-Steph

No comments: