Thursday, April 22, 2010

Winter Redux

Happy Thursday! It's also Earth Day, which is, like, wonderful. I'm glad someone's worried about sustaining our ecology, even if it's not necessarily me. I like living here, so, yeah. Hooray for Earth.

Haven't had too many culinary adventures lately, so this week caught up a bit on that front. This week has been rainy and cold and windy and sad, so Tuesday told me to make matzo ball soup, which is my fave.

Hey, why not a Greek salad, too? Make it a Mediterranean day? So then I looked up how to make gyro type meat, and semi succeeded at it. And tzatziki sauce? Just dump some garlic and cucumber into some yogurt!! So that's what I've been eating for days.

Today's weather (plus the subliminal message from Restaurant City) screamed hot cross buns! I used this recipe, and they're pretty good. Not quite as spicy/flavorful as I imagined, so I might put more cinnamon etc. next time, but they were pretty easy to make and turned out alright. (I also squeezed some juice from the lemon into the frosting, too.) I'm not much for baking, but if I don't kill the yeast it usually works out.

Since there was a lot of down time while letting it rise, I swung by work and picked up some things to watch.....ended up putting Spinal Tap in. Haha. I liked it! Which is silly since I've seen two or three of their following mockumentaries and wasn't particularly won over. Maybe I need to see them again? Maybe because there was so much Beatles references? (their first song was about a train numbered 919)

Guitar Center mailed me a coupon to get $50 off a purchase over $349, so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go pick up a Hofner violin bass tomorrow. !!!!!!!!!!!!! If they have one. I hoooooooooooope soooooooooooooo.

I found a Ringo song I actually like. I don't know why, but I was muddling about in his solo career and found this gem from 2005. FREE DRINKS. It's fun.

That's all I have to share! I had two cups (like four cups, giant mug) of coffee with me buns, and even though it was decaf, I'm feeling its placebo effects. So I hope you have a good night! Mine will be a long time coming.

-Steph

(ps: spellcheck suggested "Hefner")

No comments: