Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lord McArtrey

Happy Thursday! This week is still cold and windy and what is up with that?! I can has summertiem? kthxbai.

On Friday I picked up my very own Hofner violin shaped bass, affectionately christened Lord McArtrey. At first he was a little standoffish and particular, but we've warmed to each other in the course of the week. What a mellow sound he holds within. And so accommodating to my limited grasp! A perfect match.

Somewhere late last week I fit in three movies and several hours of Bioshock 2. The movies were equally dystopian: 12 Monkeys, Enemy at the Gates, ....oh, and 20 Years After, but now I remember I didn't even watch that one. The the ones I did see, they were good. As for the Bioshock sequel, it's really more of the same. Which is great if you liked the first one.

Beth came and visited Tues and Weds. We jammed, we ate pitas, we went to Rocket Fizz (accidentally identified as "Hot Fuzz"), we walked all the way down to the river (it was very cold and I spilled my cherry soda and my littlest toe hurt), and the next day we Rock Banded and discovered a cute and cheap record shop. I helped tote a stereo!

Yesterday was also my mom's birthday! Now she is the ripe old age of fourteen. Congrats, mom! High school's gonna be the best days of your life.

I made Italian dinnertimes. The meatballs did not hold their shape, but they sure were flavored. Quite timely I ordered this British miniseries "Lost in Austen" for my mom, and it arrived and we watched it yesterday. This modern type girl sort of exchanges places with Elizabeth Bennet in Pride & Prejudice, and then she mucks up the story all kinds. It was great. I recommend it, especially to a P&P fan.

I rented the Jane Austen Book Club today, but we ended up just watching the Keira Knightly P&P instead. My favorite book. (Yes, I love cooking, sewing, and Pride & Prejudice)

Oh I guess also the other big thing this week was that that fool Donnie got hisself stuck up in the tree again. THREE DAYS he whines about it. Finally we borrowed a ladder and someone to climb it and the fool was coerced down. The highlight was, after Josh managed to pluck him from the tree, Donnie immediately put his little arms around the next nearest branch and continued to do that all the way down.

But I'm glad to report he's back to stretching and rolling as expected.

Flashforward continues to make me want to do violence towards the first thing I can physically overpower. They think they're sooooo clever. Ugh. Get a grip. James Callis is a pleasant surprise, but at this point his role is that of an unlocked liquor cabinet on the Titanic.

-Steph

No comments: