Thursday, June 03, 2010

Origami

Happy Thursday! It looked almost like it was going to rain today, but it's all clear now. If it had rained, I woulda been severely freaked out, 'cause all I've done in the last 24 hours is play (and beat) Heavy Rain. Here, watch a trailer to see how intense it is: TRAILER.

It's like the length and story quality of a tv miniseries, but it's INTERACTIVE 'cause it's a video game. Where your answers and actions (and reflexes) can drastically alter the outcome of the story. By my estimate, it took me eight or nine hours to get through it once...now I'm doing it again to see what other paths I can take.

Let me just say though, I've never fought my way out of so many death traps in my life. So intense, this game.

Let's talk curry. And, as always, you know I mean curry rice. Except this time I didn't make any rice 'cause I wanted it as filling for meat buns. Which I guess are curry buns. (But it was also real good with the French bread)

One time ago, when I was learning about curry, I read something to the effect that in home made curry sauces, apple and/or mango is used to enrich the flavor. My first experiment was to cut up about a fourth of an apple and let it dissolve into the curry mix--but at the time I was still buying the "mild" flavor packets, and the result was that tiny bit of apple cut nearly all curry flavor. So since then I've put some apple into the medium flavor, and it turns out great every time.

And I thought, wouldn't it be cute to use like, cranberry sauce? And use turkey for the meat? Thematic, right? Yesterday I tossed in two boxes of craisins and a slice of cranberry sauce (although I used three hamburger patties worth of ground beef).

It was a thick slice, and the end result is that it's suspiciously sweet. Not too sweet, just, you suspect it might be sweet. You have a slight suspicion. I think a half-thick slice would have been more appropriate, although on the other hand if I had used turkey I think it would have pulled together quite nicely. It would have been something done specifically right rather than something else done slightly wrong.

Curry curry curry, you are my loved one.

That's all, today.

-Steph

No comments: