Thursday, September 23, 2010

Them Trees

Happy Thursday! Will you believe that I actually accidentally just put "Happy Birthday!" Weirddd.

It was my dad's birthday on Monday, though! I made him an ugly cake, lol. A spice cake with walnut-studded cream cheese frosting. It had three and a half layers. Happy birthday, Dad!

Fall is upon us, and by Fall I mean The Summer I Never Had. Earlier in the week it was rainy type fog, and I was looking forward to the rain. Not to be had. Instead, we have summer. But the sun IS farther away, so it's not like a summer heat, just like, a fall heat. The shade is freezing.

I perfected my spiced lemonade, which is the perfect in-between seasons drink, and you should try some.

Falltime made me into a baker, and today I made ricey crispoes, russian teacakes, and toffee. Dude, how easy is toffee. A stick of butter and some brown sugar (how come you taste so good) and boil it. Delicious.

Yesterday I hung out with Carolyn and fished all her little fish out of the kiddie pool they were living in to put back in the brand new pond. It was quite an adventure. Fish wrangling is harder than you might think.

I also, at some point, watched the first six episodes of Cowboy Bebop with my mom. I do so love that show. All that cowboy and also bebop and also space and also western. Welsh Corgis. Perfect.

Been practicing my blues harmonica and writing songs, so that's coming along.

Oh, so. The trees. I heard scuttlings around above my room, which eventually became known to be rats. Because of this, we got our trees trimmed so the rats would not be able to jump onto our roof anymore.

But.

The tree trimmers.

Destroyed my childhood home.

I can't even talk about it.

The tree in the front? Has exactly 33 leaves. Thirty three.

I just want to ctrl-z this away, but alas, I cannot.

I wish I had never reported the rats.

I have such a burning regret about this.

Great! Peace out.

-Steph

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What? Need picture!