Thursday, November 25, 2010

41,216

Happy Thursday! Or should I say, Thursgivingday? Because yes. Yes it is Thursgivingday.

What a busy Thursday. I worked all evening so Thanksgiving had to happen early and fast. Our turkey was HUGE and I don't know why, there was just the three of us. And yams and green beans and sooo much stuffing and olives and I made mashed potatoes which is super easy. I had a whole turkey leg.

Stupid Face Cat came by and I gave him some turkey skin.

It was a clear clear day and almost warm in the sun. We took a quick walk around the block and in my two shirts and a snow vest I was quite content.

Before that I played some guitar to my dad's piano. We tried O Suzanna, because it has three chords that I know. Will keep working on that.

Then I squeezed in a good thousand words and then it was off to work. Since my all-nighter last week, I've been super behind in NaNo. But, currently, I'm only 451 words behind, so that just means one of these days I need to pop out a full 2k and then I'll be caught up. Which is nothing since I slapped down nearly 3k both yesterday and the day before. None of these thousands of words are any good, but they'll do for now. Only four days and 9 thousand words to go!

Remember last year, when I was lazy writing, I would get up and sew? Aprons, specifically. My diversion this year has definitely been baking. But what Thursgivingday would be complete without pumpkin pie? I made two batches of the little guys, one set for my co-workers. The rest are mine all mine! But no, you can have some.

So then I went to work and watched as people started lining up outside of Toys-R-Us at 5 PM. When I left at 10, their lot was full, spilling over into ours, and we're literally across the street. Hello, Black Friday.

I'm supposed to go shopping with me buds tomorrow, but they're getting started at 4:30 AM so I wonder if I'll ever see them. I still have 2k to write, and work at night, too. So busy busy.

This week I played a touch of Borderlands at Carolyn's, we watched a terrible comic book adaptation, and an ep of old school Batman. So it all worked out.

What else? Oh, baking, of course. I made stroganoff straight out of a foodnetwork video (ie, no recipe) as well as a Cheerwine bundt cake, which is a pound cake flavored and colored with a North Carolinian cherry soda. Thanks to my local Rocket Fizz, the cake was a success. Burned it a bit so it has a crust, but that sugary crunch is delightful. I'll make you one it was crazy easy. I've been eating cake for days.

Oh, the other thing I did of any note was that I drove out to my dad's office. Haha. BECAUSE some kids were shooting a scene for an upcoming webseries out back. The director was a screenwriter's assistant on Heroes, of all things. It was very indie guerrilla filmmaking, less crew than my own student film. But it was cool. When it comes out I'll link it to you and say "I was there! I know them!"

Well I'd better get back to writing. Gotta get a jump start on tomorrow. I don't think this novel will be done this month, either, but at least it's a little closer. A little more real.

-Steph

No comments: