Thursday, December 02, 2010

December

Happy Thursday! Don't you all wish you had a five dollar bag of walnuts from the boys and girls club? You really do, you just don't know it. They're reaaaally good. The walnuts.

Today was a remarkably pleasant day. It's been slightly warmish lately, which is fantastic. It was my day off, and I had planned an epic walking adventure. I didn't end up walking, but that's okay.

I picked up Jacqi from the street, which is something I do. We went to that little Mediterranean/Italian/Argentinian deli and I tried their empanadas, which were alright. But I got to eat all of Jacqi's olives, which are my fave.

We wandered into Fabric Town, which was playing old lady music as usual. I think while I was checking out, an old lady tried to have a conversation with Jacqi. Then we went to the used book store next door and got some yellowed sci-fi paperbacks.

Next stop was Starbucks because it was either that or naptime. Their gingerbread latte is gingery. After that I dragged Jacqi to some thrift stores which is where I'm getting your Christmas presents!!

Fisherman Albert, of all people, was lurking outside of one, but I pretended that I didn't recognize him. But that's okay because I actually didn't, I didn't figure out who it was until much later. But he does exist! Downtown.

Then Jacqi went to work and I went home to wrap Christmas presents. Oh but first I walked to CVS in a lovely sunset for wrapping paper. And the 10 minutes of 30 Rock I saw was funny, and so was The Office (which was also unexpectedly touching). So today was really chill.

So November ended, along with NaNoWriMo. I did finish, although the last week was pretty stressful. I got to the real important stuff just as the deadline was looming and I was still days behind in word count. So I'll admit I did spit out quite a bit of trash just to catch up... so I don't feel bad about including my Batman fic or notes on another story as part of my word count.

Because if the act of writing 50k words in a month is going to cause me to hurt my novel (by not caring about what I write) then to keep forcing that novel idea is defeating the purpose. I'd rather include other, non-story words, because I did write them during the time allotted, you know? And just finish 50k words however I manage to, and save the novel writing for when I can give it the focus it deserves.

I thought that writing a novel last month would take up all my time. And it did, some days, but I also found time to write three songs, a Batman fanfic, a story about princesses, a backstory for the one princess, a new adventure for Pancakes the Unicorn; play video games; bake; have Thanksgiving; and even hang out with my friends once or twice. I also discovered a love of bossa nova, and learned a little four chord tune on the guitar.

So it was a successful month, all round.

Oh and Eclipse comes out on Saturday, so hopefully I'll be able to rent that sucker tomorrow and BASK in its glory. It's gonna be the most hilarious day evar.

Until next time, kiddies~

-Steph

No comments: