Thursday, January 13, 2011

Minecraft

Happy Thursday! It's unusually warm this week! Terrific. Keep it coming, please.

There were two things I did this week:

A) Watch anime and
B) Play Minecraft.

Oh there may have also been a cooking party. That was this week, right? It had to have been. Okay, we'll start with that.

Jacqi was sick, so that was sad. But she and Carolyn came over, and we tried cooking out of my Asian Grandmother's cookbook that my sister got me for Christmas. We ended up making chicken and waffles. The chicken was from the book (more or less) and the waffles were in my cute waffle maker I also got for Christmas. It was a whole lotta fun, and it wasn't too terrible a meal.

Day before last, it was not warm at all, in fact it was dark and creepy and cold all day. So I watched movies and then made matzo ball soup with the leftover chicken. Curry and matzo ball soup are probably my two favorite foods, and a day like that needs one or the other. And then me and my mom watched a whole disc of Firefly! It was pretty great.

The movies I watched were The A-Team and The Other guys, which were pretty cool and alright, respectively. The day prior I watched Shrek Forever After and The Social Network, which were pretty funny and highly interesting, respectively.

Okay, so I don't remember what day cooking day was, and I don't remember when me and Carolyn watched all that Ninja Nonsense. That was one of the shows we started at the AX this summer, and just now remembered to finish it. I think we finished it...yesterday? And also watched the rest of ICE yesterday?? I don't even know. Ninja Nonsense (or Ninin ga Shinobuden) is ridiculous in the perfect way; conversely, ICE is ridiculous in the worst way. Ninja Nonsense is lolololololol and ICE is ????????????????

Today we ... started? Continued? Gurren Lagann, a show we first heard of/decided to watch at least two AXs ago. It was not exactly what I had expected, but I was starting to get into it...and now we're in the second half and it's a little bit of a disappointment. It started out lololol/wow and now it's mostly ???????

So Minecraft. That's a game where you mine for things with which you can craft. Very simple concept. Oh, here's a good fan trailer. Most of the things you craft are meant to be used in building structures, and here's where it branches out, because if you can imagine it, you can build it. You may have seen my pictures? There's some pretty intense things that people have built, out there on the internet.

Oh yeah, and if you play in Survival mode, when the sun goes down at night...the zombies come.

So that's where my nighttime hours have gone this week. Mining, smelting, building. Setting islands on fire. Punching sheep. It's like childhood adventure play plus legos plus the future. My next projects will be a floating glass ball in the sky and a castle. And a giant sand castle out in the desert. And a secret island you can only get to by tunnel. And a giant chess board. And a lighthouse. Maybe a floating glass castle. It's gonna be great.

-Steph

No comments: