Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Happy Thursday! And happy birthday to you, Mom! A little redundant, but pleasant all the same. Her new laptop came today, so they're down there trying to figure it all out.

Have you seen the "ribbon" thing in the new MS Office programs? Where instead of a functional toolbar you have a bit mess of trash? Windows 7 seems a little too spacey for me. C'mon, Windows. Some people like you because you're not a Mac.

So today I made cake and ice cream, and my mom had a half day for parent teacher conferences which she didn't do any of. We watched Morning Glory which was not half as bad as I expected -- I actually laughed quite a bit. Played around with the new laptop, had dinner at Mimi's. The phone was ringing all day with family calling in. Presents and cake and ice cream just now. A million flowers are sitting on the table, some from the store, some to plant, some from our own yard.

Happy Birthday!

Didn't do too much else this week besides beat Portal (well, Carolyn did, I watched and back-seat portaled) which was A) amazing and B) hilarious. Topped it off by playing a ton of Minecraft where several Portal references took form, to the point where I dreamed about using the Portal Companion Cube as a block in Minecraft. Which I suppose is actually something you CAN do in Minecraft, with a texture pack.

Easter happened. I went to work. I broke my headphones. I met Jacqi at Foster Freeze for lunch.

Pretty good week. Gonna go have a food coma now.

Peace,

-Steph

No comments: