Thursday, May 05, 2011

Geeking out pretty bad this week

Happy Thursday! We've been having lovely springy/summery weather this week, just a bit windy, really dry and warm. But today I walked to Trader Joe's and watched this massive fog mountain roll towards me. I got all the way home before it got to my house, but soon after that it got dark and damp and spooky. Weather. So whimsical.

I'm on a major Batman kick (literally?!) this week thanks to Batman Arkham Asylum. Swooping down on escaped inmates and kicking them in the face. It's good times. Or sneaking up behind a guy, smothering him, dropping him gently to the floor and then grappling up to a gargoyle to watch as his comrades discover his unconscious body and freak out. Batman's my kind of guy.

Probably the best part about the game, though, is the voice acting. They got Mark Hamill as the Joker and Kevin Conroy as Batman, which is the dream team from the animated series back in my golden childhood. Same Harley, too, but sometimes she delivers her lines pretty bad. The rest of the voice acting is spotty, a lot of bland readings, really. Wish they'd got someone of the Hamill/Conroy caliber for the Riddler, because he's my fave and his voice is alllllllllllll over the game.

Haven't seen him yet, though. I wonder if he's even on the island??

The computers were down at work on Tuesday all day. It was pretty crazy. It wasn't too busy, but the weight of knowing you couldn't just scan things and make everyone happy instantly was sort of unsettling. But it's all better now!

Been watching Torchwood. Bah, it's pretty bad. ALTHOUGH the one I just watched today was the best so far, being that it was actually average+ and I liked it. It was legitimately spooky, and not cornylololol in the slightest (which the one before last was OH SO MUCH). So maybe its cult following has some sense, if it continues to improve.

I guess I'll keep watching.

-Steph

No comments: