Thursday, July 14, 2011

Late oClock

Happy Thursday! I would have been here like fifteen minutes ago, but it seems like they're paving the whole world these days, and my exit was closed off and I had to go halfway to downtown and then circle back on surface streets. I was in so much of a hurry once I got here that I almost didn't stop to wash my hands--but then I noticed that they were literally streaked with a blue-black...ness, so sanitation won out in the end.

Speaking of, I got some new wart removy pads for my mystery wart (for those of you who don't know, I started the summer after high school with at least three on each hand, which is like, I don't even know how that happened) and they're very much more effective than the ones from six years ago. That is to say, I've put two on, about 30 hours each with a day in between, and now I have to wait for my disc of skin around the wart to grow back before I can put on another.

Don't be ashamed of warts, just informed! They are spreadable! So don't go touching people with it if they're not okay with that! I broke out with them due to stress, since I'd had the first one as long as I could remember (no one ever told me it was a wart). But if you pick at them and medicate them, your immune system will kick in and get rid of it for you. They're sorta gross, but they have no nerve endings on the surface so they're not too much of a bother if you don't care either way.

That's my public service announcement for the day.

Gee. Now I don't know what else to say, with this deadline of about thirteen minutes and all. I picked up the first two original Superman movies the other day on a whim, and aren't they just the cutest. Nobody in town has III, which is evidently because it's the best and I shouldn't bother with the fourth. But I will, because I'm a dork like that.

OH Sorry, Facebook, for spamming these over the last week. For some reason a backlog of about a month and a half of blogs were never imported. And I wanted to tag everybody in the AX review, so I had to get all the others in first. Hopefully this will import quickly, or at least ever. If not, I'll just have to do it myself in a couple of days.

Speaking of hooray!technology, Windows update restarted my computer in the middle of the night again and BROKE everything. Firefox, MSN messenger, Hamachi, WMP. It deleted some .dll that is normally in some specific folder AND and less specific folder, so it took like two hours of more and more furious google searches (in IE) to find the fix. And even then Hamachi wouldn't work, so that had to be deleted and reinstalled. Before I could start up my Minecraft server and see if that had been broken...which it wasn't! And then me and Carolyn went exploring and found all the secrets.

Ok, have a lovely.

-Steph

Oh, and I sat through Transformers 3, and was terribly terribly bored.

No comments: