Thursday, November 17, 2011

Star Dazzle

Happy Thursday! Today I saw my good friend Orion again, which was a fun surprise. When I was little, my dad took me outside and showed me Orion and Taurus and the Pleiades and Cassiopeia, but we never got around to going out in any other season and learning any of the others. Sirius is my star, so I know Canis Major, but if it's not falltime I can't tell you what's up there at all.

Just now me and Beth went out there with my glow in the dark book and we found Auriga, Gemini and possibly Cepheus. Opinions differ on whether we found Pisces. Now my neck hurts, and it's cold out there, bro!

(speaking of, Happy Thursday Birthday!)

Well today I got to drive some work peeps down to a work meeting, so that was a pretty jolly road trip. We all arrived alive, too, so that's a plus. It was a nice change of pace, in terms of what they pay me to do.

Yesterday was baking day because next week they're ripping out my kitchen. :< I dashed out a pumpkin pie and a half dozen lil' pumpkin pies. I also made a "soup" which was made out of mashed potatoes, mashed yams, the rest of the canned pumpkin, and half and half. Quite nice! Seasoned with a dash each of the same spices I put in the pie, that's something I'll be making again.

Carolyn came over, too, to pick up some stuff, so it was like a weird watch-Stephanie-make-a-mess party. We had some leftover pumpkin pie filling, so the three of us cooperatively created a monster: pumpkin pie filling, marshmallows, oats, chocolate chips. The oats absorbed the filling, so it really ended up like gross chocolate spice oatmeal. Live and learn.

I just found out that BSG has been on Hulu for like ever, so I'm spontaneously doing a re-watch. I'm on episode eight with Leoben. :3

Speaking of watching things again, I showed Beth Dylan Dog and Superman Returns, and we also smashed out Twilight Eclipse while smashed. How many of you are going to the midnight showing of Breaking Dawn today? I'm not.

-Steph

No comments: