Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thursgiving in the Wild

Happy Thursday! I was promised a rain storm today, but it never came. How sad is that! It's going to be all sunny and stuff for the next while, and the storm would have been a nice seasonal reminder.

How was your Thanksgivings? Mine was pretty different. They just ripped out our kitchen this week, so it was going to be different no matter what. This morning the dining room was all plasticked off like a quarantine zone and we had McDonalds for breakfast!

After work I had to park like three houses down across the street, but I got home just in time to help my folks bring in groceries--Turkey breast, mashed potatoes, mashed yams, scalloped potatoes, corn, corn bread stuffing, cranberry sauce, olives, cheesy broccoli, rolls, um. All microwaved one at a time, but it was pretty legit. Why don't we do this every year? So hassle free.

There's still a pie left down there, and "Christmas Snack Cakes" which are just hexagonal Fancy Cakes. Oh my gosh where am I going to put it all.

But now we can really turn towards Christmas, now that these lesser holidays are finally out of the way. Now I know the consumer world has been playing Christmas music for a few weeks already by now, but I try my best to put it off until its time.

On the other hand, all that stuff I ordered off Amazon has already started coming in, so maybe I think ahead at least a little bit. :3

Stay warm everybody! Happy Thursgiving Day!

-Steph

No comments: