Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Vacation

Happy Thursday!  How have your summers been?  Mine's been a bit overcast, but on the other hand I've had all day every day to enjoy it, so it kind of evens out.  Back to school on Monday, though.

This week has been all video games and sleeping, not gonna lie.  Spent allllll weekend watching the Major League Gaming League of Legends tournament live stream.  What a weekend. 

Now I'm watching the Justice League and building a tower defense adventure map in Minecraft.  Because I dreamed it!  It'll be an open-ended fully customizable objective-based map you can play with friends.  Competitive mode would be a capture the flag type team battle, where you raid the other towers and try to destroy their flags and put them up at your tower.  Cooperative mode would be a creative "build your own castle" adventure with additional goals like finding specific areas and rebuilding certain structures.  The world that I finally settled on spawned some pretty cool mountains and stuff, and there's sooo much ocean in every direction.  I think it'd be pretty fun to play when I finish setting it all up.

Most adventure maps for Minecraft are all jumping puzzles and awkward stories related through in-game signs or text files.  And they usually have "don't break any blocks" rules to force you through the map in the right order and so you don't bust up any wiring behind the scenes.  My map would be Minecraft at its most basic, where anything goes.  If you can tunnel through a wall to achieve your goal, by all means go ahead and tunnel.  It'll be like a sandbox map within a sandbox game.  Mineception.

Saw the Avengers again with Carolyn, and worked some more on our cosplays.  By worked I mean I watched Doctor Who and Carolyn worked on our cosplays.  Avengers was still pretty good second time, not as outrageously funny because the surprise element was gone.  Thor was my favorite.

That about sums up my week!

-Steph

No comments: