Thursday, June 28, 2012

Heading out in the morning

Happy Thursday!  The Anime Expo is tomorrow!  I've been so busy with school and stuff that it totally snuck up on me and I'm not sure that I actually realize that THE AX IS TOMORROW.  I am completely mentally unprepared.

Mostly physically prepared.  Laundry's still going, but my costume gone finished about an hour ago.  90% iron-on, 10% glue, 10% sewed.  Wait.  Whatever.  I don't care, I wasn't brought into this world to do math.

I'll just take pictures so you can see what I mean, but lord knows I can't describe it.  My own personal cosplay is a mix of no less than five things.  It should be pretty awesome.

Um at school today I started the exercises for the next section, which is about running two Server 2003 machines in the same domain with one as the domain controller.  I plugged in Linkin Park and chunked through 8 of 11 pages, no prob.  It was a great day.

The other kid comes up near the end.  He's been here who knows how long, and now I've caught up, right?  So we've both just started this section.  He's like, "I had trouble promoting my domain controller."  And I was all.....you just... you just click on it.....  and it goes...

Also, that step was step 6 at the bottom of page one.

Sometimes I feel like a fancy chefs knife kept in a wood block.

But speaking of Linkin Park, I had crazy crazy mixed feelings about the new album (came out day before last but I pre-ordered it so it came in the mail the day BEFORE THAT) it for the first dozen listens, but now I'm sort of hooked.  I knew it was going to be different because "different" is their new style, but even so it threw me for a while.

The biggest problem was that the last one, A Thousand Suns, was DIFFERENT in a way that changed my life.  It wasn't different so much as perfect.  So I was hoping for more of that, but what I got was just a cd.  It's fun, and funky, and I like a lot of the new sound and I'm really quite amazed at the level of songmanship on most of the tracks, but it didn't change my life.  Which is alright!  I put all their stuff on shuffle today, and it was a very pleasant.

I would recommend you to check out "Roads Untraveled," I'm sure it's out on the internet somewhere already.  That and "I'll Be Gone" are my two faves, although I actually like "Lies Greed Misery" second best.  But for your listening entertainment, I might not point you to that particular one right out of the box.

Alright, homies, I gotta go to sleep so I can be a huge nerd later.

-Steph

No comments: