Thursday, December 20, 2012

Public Domain

Happy Thursday!  I'm actually typing this on my Surface's surface, on the touchscreen.  Because I'm too lazy to fold out the keyboard.  As a touch typer, it's really not terrible, except for the lower keys you have to make an effort to tap them with your fingertip rather than your nail, and there does seem to be a form of autocorrect that doesn't like things like "typer."

School's out for the year, haha.  Only got two weeks left, after we get back.  Gonna get Security+ and get out! 

This week I spent my time in class reading all these public domain books I downloaded over the weekend, into my Kindle app.  Monday I read The Book of Tea, and Tuesday was A Christmas Carol.  Wednesday I started The Children of Odin: the book of northern myths.  We also read a selection from a Japanese fairy tales book.  Look up the one about the monkey, the crab, and the persimmons.

Oh I'm sorry, what was I saying?  I ended up on Wikipedia for like half an hour.  Next time you're there, look up folk etymology. 

Also this week did some chatting in Japanese.  Google translate and this kanji app I have, plus the Japanese keyboard input makes me sound almost fluent.  Technology is sort of the best.  コンピュータが大好き。

So, Christmas is coming.  YOU BETTER WATCH OUT SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN.  That's so threatening.

Good luck tomorrow, everyone.

-Steph

No comments: