Thursday, March 23, 2006

Cleaning House

Happy Thursday! Grace and peace be yours in abundance!

First, some orders of business:
1. D'you guys ever say Happy Thursday to people? I mean, in real life? I know I do. But I'm wondering how many of you take the initiative. Even here, most times I say it to people and they say it back. Occasionally, they'll "beat" me to it. BUT, I have yet to hear anybody say it to anyone other than myself, whether I said it first or they did. You know, this isn't something that is strictly related to me. Yes, I'm the Caretaker whose job it is to promote Thursday, but part of promoting it is getting people to say "Happy Thursday" on Thursday. So, are you?

2A. Comments. You guys can comment now. Right here. No email hassle. And I'll respond to comments, so you can come back during the week and actually see something new. It's like, community. With the exception of a few, you guys don't seem very interested. *narrows eyes*

2B. You don't have to be anonymous when leaving comments. Under Identity or whatever, there's Blogger, Other, and Anonymous. Blogger lets you sign in as a fellow blog-owner. Anonymous means that the comment is anonymous. Other lets you put a name and an email address.

3. I don't really have a third order of business, so I'll skip right to the poem.

Yes, a poem.


The Invincible, Incredible, Invaluable League of Flying Lemmings

It was a cold and windy night,
And one that I remember well.
The sky was otherworldly white
That darkened as the lemmings fell

Not "fell," of course, that wasn't so.
But what to call the awesome sight
Of lemmings floating down like snow?
In truth I almost died of fright.

In flurries now they formed platoons,
Preparing for the coming fight.
We watched them float there like balloons—
The hero lemmings that took flight.

For every villain feared their might;
They saw above not snow but hail.
And no one pitied them their plight.
The League of Lemmings would prevail.

"You criminal! You loathsome scum!"
The Lemming Captain would declare,
"Now drop that purse, that bag, that gun,
It's time for justice, and what's fair."

Our Lemming Friends cannot be stopped,
They are the harbingers of light.
Not even cliffs have bubbles popped:
They ran right off to soar like kites.

So children please do not go bad.
And heed these words you've heard tonight.
Be good! Don't make the Lemmings mad—
We cannot cure a Lemming's bite.


I actually wrote it on Friday, too. Shocking, huh? It's been at my writing journal, which I like to plug through these messages, which you know. I also solved the "hafta sign up" thing about that, too. Just make up a Yahoo ID and then tell you all the name and password. And I was going to make one, and tell you all it here today, but for some reason my browser won't accept the cookies that Yahoo needs to send it in order to do so. Even though I set it to accept EVERYTHING. So, if someone could go to Yahoo and register Guest McGuesterson with the ID of mcguesterson and password of stories, then you all can read things like the Lemmings poem the day they're written!


So, I hafta clean my room because Carolyn's coming to visit for all weekend! I have much work to do, in that regard. ^^;;;;

But also, this weekend is my last weekend that I get to live in the same city as my bro and his cool-cool family. ;_; Gonna miss you guys!!!

Oh, and I bet you were all surprised to get an email last week. Heh, I dunno what the blog's problem was. Hopefully we won't have to suffer through a repeat performance, hm?

Mm, speaking of the blog, now that it's openly on the net and accessible by all who may care, you're all free to plug the blog itself. Heee for plugs and whatnot. Increase viewership, spread the love of Thursdays, become a billionaire. See, there's incentive for ya. Because it's all very logical. ooOOooh, though, did you know that a process will always be spontaneous when energy decreases and randomness increases? It's true, I learned it in school.

yadsruhT yppaH
-Steph

3 comments:

Stephanie Anderson said...

Ok, so Other is name and web page. Same thing. ;p

Anonymous said...

It's called "entropy" and it is always increasing.

Stephanie Anderson said...

Heheh, yeah, I know. I copied that line out of my notes, and replaced "entropy" with "randomness" becuase I thought it was really funny that that's what she was calling it so the class would understand. And to offset my claim that I was being logical. Because logic and randomness are opposites? Maybe.