Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Perfect After-Dinner Post

Or, even, a Post-Dinner Post.

Oh dear. Some things are funny, and some things are still funny one hour and one half later, and you just don't know why. (Brianna got out of class one hour and one half early, and she just kept saying it, and that she got out 90 minutes early, etc. Just now she's off to the shower, wearing one and one half of her flip-flops, and she said she'd go wearing one of her clothes, and come back wearing one half of her clothes, which equals one hour and one half of her clothes, and that's when I started crying and not being able to breathe. Still, though, she said that if she's gone for one hour and one half, then to send a search party. One search party and one half, I ask? One hour and one half search party, she says. And that's why I didn't start writing this for a long time after writing the title and the first line.)

Happy Thursday!

I hope everyone had a nice Purim and Pi Day and a full moon (all on the same day 0o) and a Happy St. Patrick's day tomorrow.

My birthweekend was quite fun! I ate a boatload of sugar! But, oh, how it was good. My fam-fam came down and showered me with presents (and sugar--although, literally=ew). Yeah. Thanks, guys! Quite useful, them 'tronix. ^^!

I'd imagined up some fun things to write about this week, but I've forgotten them. Happens all the time. Seems like the last few weeks I haven't been quite into the whole Let's Write About Thursday! mood. So what's something fun and interesting that you guys want to read about, and then hopefully comment on?

...The only thing that comes to mind is lemmings. I don't know anything about lemmings. I know that they don't run off cliffs--but I knew that they didn't before I thought I knew that I did. I mean, apparently, it was a common-known fact that lemmings run in herds off of cliffs, but the first I heard of it was that the footage of such a suicidal stampede had been staged. I think, that also lemmings turn white in winter. Like snowshoe hares. I am not an expert on lemmings.

OH, Venturans, pick up a copy of everyone's favorite county magazine, VCReporter! I got honorable mention! Or so I've been told. In case you never get around to it:

Feel His Wrath

No one ever thought he was serious when he threatened to use the whale. They just chuckled like they always did. "Oh, Jim!" they sighed, enjoying his silly little joke, like they always did. They patted him amiably (if a little pityingly) on the back and went on their merry way, not even looking back. Just like they always did. He glared after them and plotted sweet, sweet revenge.

When the whale finally did come flaming down out of the sky like an opera-bellowing, krill-eating, forest-fire-starting meteor, they pretty much unanimously believed him. It was a little late for that, though.
That is just one of my many 101-word long stories that I entered into their contest, and it was the best of the bunch, they thought. Not good enough, not good enough to win $50 Barnes & Noble. *cry* Jerks. All of them.
It's just that lemmings for some reason reminded me completely of flying whales, so that was the obvious next step. I shall have to write a poem about flying lemmings. Then they could be superheroes, the flying fire whale, the great flying penguin, and the league of flying lemmings. Wouldn't that just be wonderful? I think so.

Wear green tomorrow. It's called peer pressure. Oh geex, I gotta do a lotta stuff to get ready for 'morrow, so I'm off. Next week perhaps this will come a little earlier, yeah? ^^
Till then--
Steph

No comments: