Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Longest Week Evar

Happy Thursday, one and all! Since it can't be the subject line anymore, I suppose I'll have to start off each week by actually saying it. Gosh. What an inconvenience. No, I'm joking.

This was totally a very long week. Normally, it's like, wow, I'm writing Thursday again?? So soon?? But today I'm thinking, what, this is the first Blog!Thursday I've ever written? Didn't I do that switchy thing soo long ago? But yes, this is the first official blog-only Thursday announcement in the history of all the world.

And really, there couldn't be a better day for it, because today is my lucky day of all year. And this year it's on a Thursday, too? That's just....Impeccable. So, I suppose, we all should be saying "Happy Lucky Thursday!" today. "Happy Commencement Thursday!" is also acceptable.

Backing up a bit, last night was certainly the longest night of the week. Yesterday being Ash Wednesday, we got a "Common Day of Learning" (read: inservice day) with no school. Still chapel and a bunch of optional (for some) seminar things, but mostly no school. It was like Saturday in the middle of the week. I helped friends film a movie for some history class ("I got the black lung because of the Industrial Revolution!!"), and read a lot of manga, and watched movies and went to bed at two. Which was ok, 'cause on Tuesday/Thursday I get to wake up at ten.

But that eight hours sleep was very long.

Very busy dreams, 'cause I was trying to be both sides of a detective story (shouldn't have read 17 chapters of Death Note ~_~) and N was on to me, but I had to get the notebook back, and it was just a mess. And then I woke up at 7-ish from Brianna's alarm, and freaked out: "What day is it???" Because I needed to know why my alarm was off (still don't know), and whether I had to get up right away or if I really did have another three hours to sleep. So Brianna said, "It's Thursday." And I thought, ah, yes, of course, and calmed down and went back to sleep.

But I don't think she was quite away, either, because she kept repeating, "It's 7 o'clock, Thursday morning...7 o'clock..." I would have been more worried if I hadn't been asleep.

And then I had more busy dreams where I was about to capture the bad guy, but I had to be facing the one way to be the good guy, and facing the other to be the bad guy, and then my alarm went off for real and that was the startling end of the investigation.

Actually, there I went back to sleep for like 16 minutes, but the only exciting part about that was when I woke back up again out of a dead sleep.

I need to change my calendar, because March is a cute cute picture of a bobcat. Maybe it is a lynx.

Also, I gave up chocolate for Lent (accountability buddy with someone whose idea it was), but then I remembered that my birthday is this month, so I'm happy I already asked for a strawberry cake. Also, Laura gave me Batman: the Movie for my birthday, because she'd bought it for a gift exchange 'round Christmas time and forgot to give it away. ^^

Well, yes, I'll leave the rest of the week up to you, then.

-Steph

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, Death Note is eating your brains! XD

I haven't read too much about N yet (and he certainly is no L!), but I like the little dude. I can't imagine the brain breakage that would result from having to be both N and Light! Even in a dream!

And, Happy Thursday right back atcha! ^____^

Anonymous said...

Actually N ran away with the wicket in the short black skirt a week ago Thursday so you must have been Light fighting brain freeze from too much strawberry shortcake!

Stephanie Anderson said...

Yeah, that's what I'm saying--I was both of them, it was pretty stressful. Gyar, and I'm almost done, but I have a paper to doooo.....

And re: anonymous:
I wish I knew who you were! But, actually, I was N right when my alarm went off for real--I was following Light into some room of importance, but then it became my pillow. And, I'd think L would have to fight the strawberry shortcake more than Light would. ^_~