Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thursday of the Week

Happy Thursday! I just finished watching High School Musical for the fifth time! I don't care what you think, it fills my heart with happiness.

Not a busy week, which means even if I did go into all the fangorious details, I'd still have to fill up the rest of the thing with, like, interesting stuff. This week I hung out with Carolyn and Jacqi (and Steven) in the real world, and gushed over HSM2 with Jennifer and Beth on the interwebs. I saw movies.

HSM2: SO CUTE. The songs are so much fun, and the dancing is more intense. The acting is decent. Vanessa Hudgens is very, very believable, while Ashley Tisdale needs to be taught how to not-just-read-aloud the script. Kid Efron is adorable, as is Grabeel. There's even a tragic scene at which I mist up every time. Over all, it just fills my heart with happiness. It's worth saying twice. OH. And, the moral is not as heavyhanded or irrelevant as in the first one. It's a lot more like a real movie.

Hairspray: Since I saw it sandwiched between airings of HSM, I get the two confused. Also because they both have singing, dancing, high school, and Zac Efron. But I do remember that it was also a lot of fun to experience. Travolta is a much better woman than you might expect. Or maybe, just as you expect. Newcomer Blonsky, the lead, is pretty good, but seems better suited to Broadway than Hollywood. Pfeiffer was downright disgusting, but it really suited the character. Full of laughs and the message isn't overforced, either.

The Prestige: The most apt description that comes to mind is not at all appropriate for polite company; maybe I'll point you to someone else who says it if you ask very nicely. I don't even know what to say about it. Oh, don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad review. I just don't know how to explain it without ruining it. Let's just say I truly wish I was smart enough or focused enough to write something like that.

Tony Takitani: Very Indie. Very Japanese. That being said, it's very slow and poignant without really being about much of anything at all.

Out of my new batch of signs I learned, my favorite is "lizard." It's an L with the one hand, and then it runs up your other arm. XD Like a lizard would.

Oh, so we've had more battles with the Raccoons. The big one was lurking about a couple days ago. So I kept chasing him away, "run, raccoon! run away!" I want to pet him. Once when I went out to run him off, there was all this commotion as soon as I stepped outside--it was the three baby raccoons fleeing for the safety tree. So then we shone the light up there and laughed at their silly raccoon faces. Here's some pictures.















Yeah. So laughable.


I also got new glasses! I mean, I finally picked them up! And I could immediately tell the difference. The prescription for my left eye had changed, which is why it had been hurting so bad. With the new glasses, I can tell its vision is being altered in a positive way rather than a negative way. There's a bit of funk in between the way the world looks through the glasses and what's bordering that, if that makes any sense at all. I'll get used to it, haha. Funky. Here's what they look like:


Snazzy, eh?
I really really need a haircut.
Happily, Thursdayily yours,
Steph

No comments: