Thursday, August 02, 2007

They Might Be Crazy

Happy Thursday! Today, being the 2nd, happens to be Planism Thursday. I hope you all wore your blues and yellows along with the reds and browns.

In the cleaning (which will be discussed soon), I found a tape which must be my brother's, and it's labeled They Might Be Giants. Now, the only experience I have with them is through Homestar Runner. But I guess it's a real old band since the tape case has "Buena Rules" etched into the back. Which is adorable. ANYWAY, They Might Be Giants is a crazy band. But quite entertaining. Song about mammals? Entertaining.

So we went to Huntington Library on Saturday. That's a cool place, I've only been there once in my memory. But, but! There's this GINORMOUS cactus garden. Like, you could get lost forever in there. We were walking, and it was all, oh, this is cute, and I thought we were done, but then we were in there for maybe another hour. Hour and a half, even. I haven't uploaded any of my pictures yet, 'cause I'm a crazy old coot, but it was amazing. The only one I saw that was really for sure like one I have here at home, was this big version of Rokusho. Which eventually I'll put up on Flickr, so you'll know what I mean.

There's also this big Japanese type area, so this place is now likely to be one of my favorite places ever. There's a bamboo forest type place, and a bonsai garden and a rock garden and a big wooden bridge and a fake house and then a little park with a koi pond going all through it. And a crazy tour guide saying that we get our amusement parks from the way the Japanese would put a tea garden in every place they go.

There's also a bunch of statues from classical mythology, and I totally could recognize them from my recent pillaging of Wikipedia on the subject. Except I couldn't remember who the Greek Diana was--it's Artemis.

But then we went to Ikea. Grrr. Not really a good thing to stack on top of a big adventure. But we got me a giant thing of drawers to put things in, which means I had/have to reorganize like everything, and that's WAY FUN. So that's what I've been doing.

OK SO. The Bourne Ultimatum. Is playing in Camarillo at 11:59, and I'm going to be there for it. So we need to leave like now, so I'll see you tomorrow. Happy Thursday. :3

-Steph

PS
I'm rooting for Pasha.

No comments: