Thursday, December 20, 2007

Smiling's My Favorite

Happy Thursday! The beautiful thing about Thursdays during break is that I had TWO naps today! I'm just so tired, I dunno why. It must be all the strenuous shopping and wrapping and stuff. Also, making. Been crafting a few presents, as well. In any case, I have my trusty Original Blend UCC coffee with milk, and that seems to be bringing me back to life.

I was going to talk about Facebook...but I thought I was going to enlighten you all about something else first... hmmm. Don't you wish I prepared and thought these out before hand? I bet they'd be a lot more punchy if I tried.

While we wait, here is my neat-o link for this week: http://www.totalleh.com/index.php?id=387

Ah, I think it was this. Around Thanksgivingtime or so, I reached my 100 post count according to Blogger. Now, that counts some of the old ones that my dad was posting here while I was still emailing this out to all y'all (you can tell because there's weird pictures adoring the top of each one). But still, 100 posts? That's over two years of me whining at you week after week. I still can't believe I haven't even missed one, yet. AND I've physically SAID Happy Thursday to someone each of those Thursdays, too. What do you guys have to say about your own commitments?

So this was the segue into Facebook. See, at one point, I had a mailing list, and my family and a lot of kids in the Buena orchestra got an email about Thursday 'cause they all swore they'd miss me saying it to them each week. Yeah, well, I don't think any of those kids remember this. XD But my family still does, and my good friends (well, they at least pretend to), and really that's about it. But, for a while now, they've been imported in Facebook as notes, so that potentially bumps my readership up by like a hundred people, despite the fact that we all know no one ever really reads peoples' notes on Facebook. But I can mention people and then tag them in it, like, say, Aubrey Reynolds, and then they might take a peek to see what I've been saying about them.

So I think that my tone has taken on a wider tone, as if I'm writing for the Facebook audience. Which is WAY different from the blog audience, because it's college kids who, for the most part, know what I'm talking about when I say stuff about West Campus, or trolleys....(but then, it's the home crowd who's hip to stuff like "I wish the AX was at Anaheim again," and it's even a very specific crowd who gets the title of this post.)

In any case, let's talk about Facebook now.

So, I dunno if you guys know, but I live at Facebook. Different people have accosted me with keeping the window open all day and just refreshing it to poke back. This is very true. But when I was thinking about writing this today, I was thinking how I update on my life so much more easily there. So! Here's a walk down memory lane of this week, of all my status updates since last Thursday:

December 13
Stephanie is SO cold.
9:27pm
Stephanie wishes you all a Happy Thursday.
5:25pm
Stephanie needs a new battery!
9:24am
Stephanie almost misses the "is".
12:51am

December 14
Stephanie has finished it all!
5:36pm

December 17
Stephanie is sho shleepy.
9:54pm

December 18
Stephanie got a B+ in producing! How about you guys?
2:14pm
Stephanie is confined to the office until the danger passes...0o.
1:45pm

Yesterday
Stephanie is a bad speller.
11:27am
Stephanie is gallavanting.
11:25am
Stephanie has to go to the dentist ;_;.
12:46am

Today
Stephanie is hair-cutted.
6:06pm
Stephanie wishes you all a Happy Thursday.
3:43pm

Except, yesterday we went to the dentist, but our appointment was for today. It was a sad morning.

So today we went to the dentist for real, and that was alright, not great, you know, it's the dentist. But then I took a nap! And then I got a hair cut. And, wait. First I had lunch at Mama-ya. THEN I got a hair cut. And then I had another nap. And now I'm watching Scrubs, and it's so funny if you haven't been keeping up and you get to see them for the first time. I heart the Janitor.

Okay, peace out, kiddies.

-Steph

Ah, and Merry Christmas!

No comments: