Thursday, May 15, 2008

I still gotta write my Thursday thing

Happy Thursday! The return of exciting TV has once again postponed this to the late hours. Not that TV has just returned, but I guess I've had more freedom prior to Prime Time in recent weeks. Ah, I dunno what I'm talking about.

Last week I was in Seattle? That sounds about right. Still gotta take my pictures off my camera, but I haven't even been on my computer in weeks. That sounds silly, but it's because our wireless network at home is ... not on. So I've found that no internet kinda makes my own computer meaningless. Sadday for little Nikita. But I suppose it just means that the internet is like 80%+ of what I use computers for.

Seattle was fun, even if planes are not. I wish I had more interesting stories about it. The crazy guy on the bus was pretty fun, all "corrupt criminals....research conducted by corrupt criminals...criminals, corrupt, I did NOT...what do you want to DO with your life?!" amid actually crazy garbly sounds.

The rest of the week was pretty laid back. Hanging out with Carolyn, job hunting, playing Guitar Hero and a bit of Rock Band, mostly reading comics. That's my new kick. Comics! Well, actually, super heroes, but that sorta comes out of Ink-Man+Iron Man, and they are largely found in comics.

I've been exploring the Marvel Universe, into which I entered through Iron Man fic. But the fic was of the comic, right? So of course I had to go to that to find out what all the background information was, yeah? Still not overly interested in the X-Men or Spiderman, but I've found a fandom in the Captain America franchise. Captain America...kinda seriously rocks. He's in the Avengers with Iron Man, so that works out well. Read some on Marvel's "read a comic online!" but the ones they had for free were not extensive. Checked out a book of Captain America/the Falcon, and Batman: Year One (which is similar to Batman Begins, I think I've read) from the library today. Bought old old cheap comics of Batman and one of Marvel's "Strange Tales" title starring Cloak & Dagger and Dr. Strange.

I should write comics! Is the idea, so now I have to read them, right? This may come as a shock, but I promise it has it's own backstory motive. I have about two shoeboxes full of Sonic the Hedgehog comics in my closet upstairs, I swear it. So comics are cool, and not at all outside my realm of interests. Especially when the good ones get turned into good movies, I have a home there, too.

Who wants to pencil me an Ink-Man comic??

Batman: TAS happened to be on today, and that's where it all started, really. An old ep in the style I don't prefer, but Catwoman was in it, and it's good to see Bruce caring about something other than crime. But after that was Smallville, and here's something else shocking--it was good. I mean, I didn't have any derisive comments to bandy about. None. I was actually watching, and, you know, feeling emotions. I was happy, I was shocked, I was worried, I was thrilled, I was upset, I was heartbroken--it was really intense. There was a particularly nice piece between Michael Rosenbaum (Lex, who's always been the best thing about the show) and Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy Olsen, who I respect from VM), and that's about when I new that this had become a legitimate show. I was impressed.

Oh, and a little villainous James Marsters didn't hurt, either. His reveal was quite breathtaking.

Then was The Office! Terrific episode. The ones since they've come back...haven't been fantastic. But they really pulled this one off. I was happy for everyone--for Phyllis, for Michael even. Those two really had a day. And Jim..oh, Jim. This was not his season. I hope they don't do anything rash, although I really should have seen that curveball coming (but maybe not it's exact deliverance XD ANDY). Can't wait for next season.

And all through Lost I thought it was also the finale. But alas! Two weeks from now we get a two-hour final dose! That's why so many things weren't wrapped up. XD This ep was not as full of surprises/answers as previous episodes, but it was solid. The flash forwards were also somewhat dull, but I was happy about Jack's because I'd been wondering if/how he knew. I'm wondering if maybe the gimmick next season will be real-time on the mainland and flashbacks to the island in the "current." That's kinda been what this season has been, anyway, except the flashforwards haven't been chronological. Oh, but Ben's from Ben's episode now makes sense, as why, in the future, Widmore would need to find the island again. I'm glad Ben succeeds. XD I'm rooting for ya, buddy!

Um, I suppose that's about all. If you have any comics, books about comics, or superhero movies, I'd love to borrow them. And see Iron Man with you. And Speedracer, by the way.

No comments: